Tech ARP Forums

Go Back   Tech ARP Forums > Others > Team ARP .blog > Adrian Wong
Register
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th Dec 2007, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Da Boss
 
Join Date: 10 Oct 2002
Location: In front of my ASUS F8V notebook!
Posts: 39,409
Reputation: 4778
Adrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Rep Power: 98
Default Migrating to Australia - Thoughts & Advice?

Hi guys!

I'm seriously contemplating migrating to Australia. However, I have not been there, or done much research on the whole thing yet.

Has anyone here migrated to Australia recently, or can give me some insights into the matter?

Right now, I would be interested in finding out about...

1. The best way to get PR status in Australia.

2. The best places for a greenhorn to start a new life.

3. What's great about Australia?

4. What's not so great about Australia?

5. Living standards, and the kind of yearly income I would need to lead a reasonably comfortably life in Australia.

6. Medical practice in Australia and its prospects. We have medical degrees from the Melaka-Manipal Medical College, essentially equivalent to a medical degree from a local university like UM, USM, UPM.

7. Cultural differences and similarity we should be aware of.

8. FOOD! How's the food? What's good and what's bad about Australian food? Can a Malaysian survive there???

Thanks!
Adrian Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
SPONSOR
Old 26th Dec 2007, 08:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hyperactive
 
The_YongGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere in 甲洞...
Posts: 3,638
Reputation: 1720
The_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant future
Rep Power: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Wong View Post
Hi guys!

I'm seriously contemplating migrating to Australia. However, I have not been there, or done much research on the whole thing yet.

Has anyone here migrated to Australia recently, or can give me some insights into the matter?

Right now, I would be interested in finding out about...

1. The best way to get PR status in Australia.

2. The best places for a greenhorn to start a new life.

3. What's great about Australia?

4. What's not so great about Australia?

5. Living standards, and the kind of yearly income I would need to lead a reasonably comfortably life in Australia.

6. Medical practice in Australia and its prospects. We have medical degrees from the Melaka-Manipal Medical College, essentially equivalent to a medical degree from a local university like UM, USM, UPM.

7. Cultural differences and similarity we should be aware of.

8. FOOD! How's the food? What's good and what's bad about Australian food? Can a Malaysian survive there???

Thanks!
Doc, I found a forum about Malaysian migration to Australia and there's at least 500 pages about the thread. I can't recall the name, but there's a huge load of info about it. Me too thinking of moving there if can.

Been to Australia, doc? I've been to Brisbane, and it's quite cool. However, living in Brisbane is quite expensive there.

And also, there's one weird thing about that town. Somewhere around Brisbane I found a town which named "Tanah Merah". I wonder why they put a Malaysian name over there.
__________________
Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 4GB DDR3 RAM, Asus P5G41T-M LX, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD4850 512MB DDR3

The_YongGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2007, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator!
 
Dashken's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 Apr 2003
Location: Penang
Posts: 30,696
Reputation: 2459
Dashken has a reputation beyond reputeDashken has a reputation beyond reputeDashken has a reputation beyond reputeDashken has a reputation beyond reputeDashken has a reputation beyond reputeDashken has a reputation beyond reputeDashken has a reputation beyond reputeDashken has a reputation beyond reputeDashken has a reputation beyond reputeDashken has a reputation beyond reputeDashken has a reputation beyond repute
Rep Power: 66
Default

Seriously? Woohoo... you are back on track as I expected! All the best!
__________________
| Intel C2Q Q9450 | MSI P45 Neo3-FR | 2 x 2GB OCZ / 2 x 2GB Kingston DDR2 800 |
| 1 x Seagate 250GB HDD | 2 x Seagate 750GB HDD | 2 x WD 2TB HDD | 2 x WD 3TB HDD |
| NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT |
| Cooler Master CM690 chassis | Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 550W PSU |
| Dell E248WFP 24" Widescreen | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 |
Dashken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2007, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Team Tech ARP
 
marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: 5 Oct 2003
Location: PJ
Posts: 1,308
Reputation: 1128
marc has much to be proud ofmarc has much to be proud ofmarc has much to be proud ofmarc has much to be proud ofmarc has much to be proud ofmarc has much to be proud ofmarc has much to be proud ofmarc has much to be proud ofmarc has much to be proud of
Rep Power: 23
Default

w00t. Australia. I like that place too.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2007, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Da Boss
 
Join Date: 10 Oct 2002
Location: In front of my ASUS F8V notebook!
Posts: 39,409
Reputation: 4778
Adrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Rep Power: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_YongGrand View Post
Doc, I found a forum about Malaysian migration to Australia and there's at least 500 pages about the thread. I can't recall the name, but there's a huge load of info about it. Me too thinking of moving there if can.

Been to Australia, doc? I've been to Brisbane, and it's quite cool. However, living in Brisbane is quite expensive there.

And also, there's one weird thing about that town. Somewhere around Brisbane I found a town which named "Tanah Merah". I wonder why they put a Malaysian name over there.
Oh, see if you can remember what it's called. I will go Google and see.
Adrian Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2007, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Da Boss
 
Join Date: 10 Oct 2002
Location: In front of my ASUS F8V notebook!
Posts: 39,409
Reputation: 4778
Adrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Rep Power: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashken View Post
Seriously? Woohoo... you are back on track as I expected! All the best!
Huh? Back on track???

Well, I must plan for the future.
Adrian Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2007, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hyperactive
 
The_YongGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere in 甲洞...
Posts: 3,638
Reputation: 1720
The_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant future
Rep Power: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Wong View Post
Oh, see if you can remember what it's called. I will go Google and see.
Global Malaysians Forum: migrating to australia

Here's the link.
__________________
Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 4GB DDR3 RAM, Asus P5G41T-M LX, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD4850 512MB DDR3

The_YongGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2007, 06:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Da Boss
 
Join Date: 10 Oct 2002
Location: In front of my ASUS F8V notebook!
Posts: 39,409
Reputation: 4778
Adrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Rep Power: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_YongGrand View Post
Muchos gracias.
Adrian Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2007, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hyperactive
 
ToyotaFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 Dec 2003
Location: Perth, Kuala Lumpur, TechARP, The Internet & Bangkok.
Posts: 4,103
Reputation: 1688
ToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant future
Rep Power: 31
Default

Perth is nearer to Malaysia, nice place if you like something quiet, but I still miss KL life (I find it too quiet here.).

My parents came in as business migrants back in 2003, got our PR in 2005. Me & my family must get out of Australia every 5 years I think.

Best to get in before you turn 50 years old (Apparently easier that way.).

Another way to get in is to be a skilled migrant. In the construction area, people like brick layers or truckers earn big money!

Move to Perth, and buy a house in Wilson, Karawarra (Nearby Curtin Uni.) or Cannington, so that I can visit you everyday.

PS: Have you considered Canada or New Zealand, cooler climates & greener.
__________________
ToyotaFreak A.K.A. Alister A.K.A. Chanarong.

My Facebook-> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=661728346
My iMeem-> http://www.imeem.com/people/hjAYrnW
TOCAU-> http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/
Kamei No Rifurijita (Forum dedicated to Eri Kamei. And it's in English!)-> http://www.everything-eririn.net/forum
ToyotaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2007, 08:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hyperactive
 
The_YongGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere in 甲洞...
Posts: 3,638
Reputation: 1720
The_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant future
Rep Power: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFreak View Post
Perth is nearer to Malaysia, nice place if you like something quiet, but I still miss KL life (I find it too quiet here.).

My parents came in as business migrants back in 2003, got our PR in 2005. Me & my family must get out of Australia every 5 years I think.

Best to get in before you turn 50 years old (Apparently easier that way.).

Another way to get in is to be a skilled migrant. In the construction area, people like brick layers or truckers earn big money!

Move to Perth, and buy a house in Wilson, Karawarra (Nearby Curtin Uni.) or Cannington, so that I can visit you everyday.

PS: Have you considered Canada or New Zealand, cooler climates & greener.
Wow... but the strange thing is, Australia's Christmas is summer time...

That means the guys and girls there celebrate Christmas outside their homes?
__________________
Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 4GB DDR3 RAM, Asus P5G41T-M LX, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD4850 512MB DDR3

The_YongGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need advice on building my new PC Stonewall General Hardware 8 28th Aug 2007 08:55 AM
Dual Advice Needed Please thorrrr Graphics Cards & Displays 19 19th Dec 2005 11:35 AM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
Copyright 1998-2009 Tech ARP. All rights reserved.
eXTReMe Tracker

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.1.0