Do NOT trust Wan Mohd Muslim (Maybank Acc. 151306687272)

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Guys,

My brother was just cheated of RM 600 (US$ 177) when he agreed to trade PayPal funds with this bastard. Please do NOT trust this man - Wan Mohd Muslim (Maybank Acc. 151306687272)

He is a cheat who offers cheap exchange rates for PayPal funds but will NOT send the money. There is no recourse because the bank does NOT care. So, watch out for this guy, and please PASS word along about this bastard so others will not fall for his trap!

Here are his details :

If you want to buy PayPal funds, make sure you buy from people you know. There are many people who will offer you really cheap rates but can you really trust them???

Think about it. Why are they offering you such incredible rates? Where did they get so much money in PayPal? Is it really because they don't intend to send you the money? Or perhaps it wasn't their money to give either.

There have been many cases of stolen credit cards being used to finance the funds they are sending you, or the PayPal account could have been hacked. Ultimately, you are the loser.

So, next time you want to buy PayPal funds, please ask your friends or relatives, before even thinking about trusting these folks. I'm not saying that they are all cheats, but there are enough cheats out there to make this a really risky business.

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I heard those scary stories. Yeah, those scammers are really on the loose. The police need to nab them for cheating online too.

My paypal account is not really active, and it's tied to the debit card I have. It's much safer that way.

3. Adrian Wong

The danger is not really in owning a PayPal account, but dealing with unknown traders. This is particularly true if they are selling off their funds cheaply. If something is too good to be true, it often is too good to be true.

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i dunno how paypal works in malaysia. you cant withdraw from paypal or something like that?

5. Adrian Wong

Yeah, Malaysians are still not allowed to withdraw funds from PayPal. From what I understand, it's because Malaysians are famous for credit card fraud. :roll:

6. Nelsonboy

Nelsonboy Newbie

I tot can withdraw $$ from paypal using western union ?

7. Adrian Wong

Are you sure?

I know you can "withdraw" the money via the credit card but it's an expensive way and you are not actually getting cash, just credit against future purchases on the credit card.

8. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

One way to deal with unknown trader is to split the transcations into few smaller transactions.

At least if he were to abscond, you only lose some, just take that extra transaction charges as 'insurance'

9. Adrian Wong

Yeah, that's one way of doing it.

10. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

11. Adrian Wong

It's easy to withdraw funds to Singapore. In fact, Singaporeans have been able to withdraw PayPal funds for ages. Only Malaysians are still on the Ban list. :wall: