Be The Vaccine To The Virus Of Fear, Lies & Ignorance!

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Anti-vaxxers like Tracie Justice are viruses that spread fear, lies and ignorance.

[​IMG]

It is our duty, as doctors, teachers, scientists, parents and friends, to be the vaccine that eradicates such viruses.

We cannot sit still and nod derisively when people like her spread lies. We must stand up and say, "ENOUGH WITH THE LIES!"

"Have you no shame? Have you no humanity that you would do anything - lie, celebrate the death of innocent children, and even put them at risk of dying from preventable disease, just to prove that vaccines are the greatest evil in the world?"

You anti-vaxxers are humanity's virus of fear, lies and ignorance, and I WILL BE YOUR VACCINE!

‪#‎science‬ ‪#‎health‬ ‪#‎medicine‬ ‪#‎reason‬ ‪#‎logic‬ ‪#‎vaccine‬ ‪#‎antivaxxer

Attached Files:

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Why is vaccination so "harmful"? It's not harmful!

Everyone does that, and everyone is safe and sound and healthy!

Some people just won't get it - they have the blind faith, stronger than their own reasoning! :wall:

3. Adrian Wong

Yes, but they are a danger not only to themselves and their family, but also everyone they spread their lies and ignorance to.

That's why I've made it my personal mission to eradicate this dangerous disease.

I think we all need to do this, otherwise their lies and deceit will just drown out fact and reason.

4. The_YongGrand

I've read that the part of the origins of the anti-vaccinations drive is by also a person who invented "Raggedy Ann and Andy". The "Raggedy Ann and Andy" are both hand-made dolls and were commercialized as popular American kids toys.

I happened to know that because many years back I saw the doll in my young cousin's place back in Los Angeles.

5. Adrian Wong

Really? I didn't know that. :think:

But anti-vaccination sentiments have always existed, since the first vaccine, the smallpox vaccine, was invented.

Despite the smallpox vaccine's success in eradicating smallpox, people still think vaccines are bad. :nuts:

6. The_YongGrand

From the website: Preventive Medicine

I guessed that the early vaccines were "problematic" due to many other factors - back in the late 1800s, needles might not be fully sterilized, imprecise amounts of inactivated virus (pardon me for that lack of knowledge) or combinations of them.

Medical technology has improved over the times. Manufacturing of these vaccines are much more cleaner, and delivery of dosages are majorly correct in this current millenium.

7. Adrian Wong

Actually, vaccines are nothing more than inactivated versions or bits of the actual virus or bacteria we want to prevent. The idea behind vaccination is to use the antigenic parts of the pathogens to stimulate the body into producing antibodies against the pathogens.

In other words, vaccines cannot cause more harm than the actual pathogen, because they are nothing but biological triggers made from inactivated pathogen or bits of them. Even if the pathogen was not inactivated properly and becomes virulent, then the patient would get a case of the disease, not something else altogether.

That's why it's very bewildering to see people insisting that vaccines cause all kinds of health problems that are unrelated to the diseases that the actual pathogens cause. It's not logical at all, if they understand what vaccines really are.

8. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

hmm here my story.

I wanted to go vaccination for chickenpox ( havent get it yet )
    but the doctor is surprised as this is his first time request from an adult

So i asked another doctor opinion. he also said not advisable.
    Doc said
    1) u might not get it in ur lifetime
    2) if u get it, even with the vaccination , it will still be full blown or not so serious. depends on individual
    3) u add risk in getting Measles & chickenpox itself..

i actually google it on the web and mostly didnt mention the con of chickenpox vaccination. Infact all encourage it.

9. Adrian Wong

Huh??? Adults actually suffer more from chicken pox than children. That's why if you get chicken pox as an adult, they will prescribe you acyclovir to limit the infection.

If you never get chicken pox, you should certainly get vaccinated. It beats suffering from chicken pox as an adult. Trust me - it's not pleasant at all.

The chicken pox vaccine does NOT increase the risk of getting chicken pox or measles.

10. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

it does increased the risk.. if happen you are very weak.
    anyway. today again i asked a third doctor opinion.. he said no need:nuts:
    so i guess i let it go :doh: :whistle:

11. Adrian Wong

Only if you are immunocompromised, which is usually the case with patients who have AIDS, undergone transplant, etc. Otherwise, it's really quite safe.

If you don't take the vaccine and get infected by the wild virus, you can reduce the side effects by taking an antiviral like acyclovir. Probably the most common course of action for many people. But I think a vaccine is cheaper than a full course of acyclovir.