Crysis is GOLD!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ianho, Nov 14, 2007.

1. ianho

ianho Newbie

It's here at last! Special Edition with all the nice juicy extras. Even came with a really nice poster. Special Edition comes with the nice big box like the good old days when all PC Games came in big huge boxes instead of the puny DVD covers. Lotsa bonus stuff including extra in game items n a nice concept art book.

169.09 drivers just out. So now it will run 40-50% faster on SLI. They say a patch is due within 2 weeks which will increase performance even more. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee. Looks like I'm gonna spend the 1st 2 weeks ripping up the environment while waiting for the patch. Then I'll let rip n finish off the game.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Oh well, I will wait for the optimization first. :D

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

4. Adrian Wong

Those are mainly SLI optimizations.

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I actually prefer the smaller boxes. I dont want to get too much air in the packaging... :mrgreen:

Dammit! It releases on Friday here I think... :doh:

6. Adrian Wong

LOL! How come it's out everywhere but in the US???

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

European developer. :)

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Hmm!

So I just bought this one game and I guess none of you will be seeing much of me for the next few days. :haha:

Any guesses what game? :wicked:

9. Adrian Wong

That's it... PsY's disappeared. Can someone call the Missing Persons Unit? We have a missing man here. :haha: :haha:

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

nah no worries he is probably trying to unblock his toilet

11. ianho

ianho Newbie

Maaaaaaaaaaaan. At 2560x1600, Medium gfx settings, still a very unpleasant experience at about 30FPS according to FRAPS. I ran it with the Q6600 at 3.0ghz, 8800GTX SLI at stock speeds. It eats ram for lunch too. My Logitech G15 LCD is showing 85-90% ram usage all the time! Madness!

12. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Madness? This...is...Crysis! :p

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It chewed up my 320mb GTS and spat out the pieces LMAO!

It ran a lot better when I had 4GB. Now that a stick has died I'm back down to 2GB (I really have no luck with these Reapers).

I refuse to run it at medium though. Textures are REAL bad there... :doh:

I can just play on High though it does get choppy at times. I guess I'll have to switch somethings down to 'medium'. As long as it doesn't look too horrid. Come on NVIDIA/ATI (well probably the former), hurry up and release something that can actually play this! I'm waiting impatiently! :evil:

14. Chai

Have you tried to turn off all running applications?

15. ianho

ianho Newbie

I dont think it will help any coz my G15 LCD shows the CPU usage at a measly 30%. There's just not enuf gfx horsepower I reckon.

16. Chai

I mean your RAM usage.
    BT, Outlook takes up a lot of memory.

17. ianho

ianho Newbie

I only had Fraps, McAfee Antivirus running. Most likely Fraps was the 1 gobbling up the ram. A friend of mine reported that even r_displayinfo 1 gobbled up 700-900mb more than without.

18. Chai

Hmm...I'm not sure, since I don't have a system capable of playing that game.

BTW, where did you get the game from?

19. Adrian Wong

Very apt name. All gamers are in a crisis state right now. Everyone's scrambling to upgrade. :haha: :haha:

20. Chai

The worst part is there's nothing to upgrade to!