Guitar Hero 3 - new song download on Wii?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Motoman, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Motoman

Motoman Newbie

...seeing the other "who has a Wii" thread, it reminded me...

Seems to me that I heard a rumor that Red Octane might be setting up a service for the Wii to download new songs for GH3 on the Wii?

The Wii is the first new console I've bought since, er, the N64. Like everyone else here, pretty much a PC guy. But, I love GH3, and am really bummed that I don't have access to all the songs they did on previous versions of GH.

Anybody know anything?

2. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

Nothing as of yet. Things have been hinted at, but nothing concrete has been confirmed. Basically it's because of the small amount of internal memory in the Wii (512MB) compared to the other hard drive based consoles... The popular rumour is a Wii hard drive add-on, but who knows... Wii GH3 is neutered for now :(

3. Motoman

Motoman Newbie

I put a 2Gb memory card in my Wii when I got it...and am not entirely sure what to do with it...

If nothing else, I wish Red Octane would re-release previous GH products for the Wii. I'd probably buy them all just to have the extra songs.

4. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

Wouldn't we all like the older GH games for the Wii? But, it's not going to happen :( They would rather move forward than backwards...

For the most part, the SD card functionality so far has been for music and pictures to use in some games (Excite Truck) and/or Wii Channels (the picture channel). I personally have only plugged in an SD card just to see if it worked. I haven't tried it since.

5. Motoman

Motoman Newbie

...I would think that my 2Gb card could hold an awful lot of extra GH songs...that would be sweet if they could do that.

6. TotalChaos

TotalChaos Newbie

I wish they would provide downloadable content for the PC version, it sucks not being able to get new content :wall: