Postal III is coming

Discussion in 'Games' started by CALLOFDUTY05, Apr 15, 2008.

1. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Postal III is an action adventure with a spin of mature comedy. For any fans of the Postal series this looks to be the most violent of all its predecessors, even inspired a movie! With a launch date still up in the air (Q4 of 2008 or Q1 of 2009) details are limited , but once we get to know more we will pass it on of course. Initially you will see an Xbox 360 and PC release with talk of a PS3 version to follow shortly after launch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The graphics are OK they don't need to rule, it's all about gameplay for this one . Why aren't there more crazy games like Postal.

2. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Must be the 'contest' season again.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

:haha: So true...

4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

THX for the info and the pics but just realized I have never played any games in this series ... maybe its time to try one out :D

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Postal 2 roxxorz@!

Some links would be helpful. Not just pics. (so that people can actually read about it)

6. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

what is the creature the guy in the pic is carrying? :think: is he using that as a weapon? :faint:

7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i never like postal games ;p prefer gta

8. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Heh, long time since i play another pc game =_=...It's just like what max said...Pc games going downhill...Hmm, i might try out this game when's it's out =D

9. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

Geez, do we really need another Postal game? Did the first two games sell that well to warrant another entry in the series? :?

10. higgamo

higgamo Newbie

i heard there is also a Postal movie, not sure if it connected to the game.

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Are you kidding? Senseless violence never goes outta style... :p

Story is an after thought.. :lol:

12. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Wait? Postal has a story?

13. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I have a lot to say about Postal II here - I don't know whether must I say Postal 2 (and its expansion pack, Apocalypse Weekend) rocks or not - it is something that I have to split my opinions into two!

I can't really see any "very good" points inside the game - because everything in the game is intended to be parodized, from the passerbys, to the protest groups, and anything else. Still, it's a game laced with dark humour. Some of them liked it very much, and some of them hated them very much. However, I'm in the middle ground here.

Besides that, the whole game is amusing because not only of the 'dark humour', but its poor scripting and bug-ridden engine inside the game. Some of the bugs caused me to laugh uncontrolably. :haha: Besides that, there are many inconsistencies in the game, mainly because of the "citizen script" template that is all over every each people. For example, you can see the anti-video game protestors playing arcade games in the shopping mall. (not sure whether the programmers actually INTENDed that) Or the policemen and policewomen doing the same thing there.

I'm not pretty sure whether I must explain the part which in the "Terrorist Camp" in Apocalypse Weekend - I guess the guys in RWS has seriously confused the regions in Asia when I found a barbeque table in the camp (that's irony - a terrorist camp with recreation inside!) with a radio blaring music similar to that of Ravi Shankar.

Worst of all, the underground facility has a BAR (what else do they dispense there!) inside, with posters of Postal babes and there IS a snooker table there!! :faint:

For the script problems, it doesn't hinder the game too much but it is surely amusing to see them sometimes. :D

14. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Sorry PsYkHoTiK.I should have given more info.Actually i've searched but didn't find anything in detail.But if you guyz are interested, here's a link which will give you more info about the game.

Here's a " FIRST Postal 3 Footage " from UTube.It looks damn good to me. :)

15. The_YongGrand

THat game is in 3rd person perspective, and released somewhere in 2009 with using the Source Engine for HL2.

I wish I could have seen it being released this year. Too bad they have toned down the "meaty bits" thing as seen in the Apocalypse Weekend. :)

16. =CDU=Above

=CDU=Above Newbie

Does anyone else think the guy looks a little like Gordon Freeman?

17. CoolZone

CoolZone Newbie

Postal 1 was ok,cartoonish,but the second part,from my oppinion,was a little too violent

18. The_YongGrand

I tried a little bit of Postal 1 - looks senseless. But people who loves dark humour certainly enjoy this one.

Too bad Postal 3 will only be released in 2009. What a long wait... :)

19. The_YongGrand

Postal II : Share the Pain Multiplayer is available for download for free! Check it out if you like the Postal series, or simply, sharing dark humour with your friends! :D

Free Share the Pain Multiplayer

20. danteoddjob

danteoddjob Newbie

not really like this game...............