Mafia 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chai, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Anyone playing this game? I don't think this game is as good as the first game. It feels like a scripted version of GTA4 is a different era.

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It is somewhat guided for a "sandbox" game. I think the story is really good though. But yeah, they didn't give any incentive to wander around and explore the world.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL! I didn't know I was at the last chapter, and I just finished it. Surprisingly short game without much replay value. I didn't collect any Playboys LMAO!

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

They have those nice vintage Playboy mags all over the game! :D

5. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

It feels like a HD version of Mafia 1, but with added playboys.

6. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Now let's face it, how many games in the past 2 years had a really good story and graphics to make you say I'll play that again and again - besides some RPGs? Most of them were so linear...
    GTA is an exception :)
    Too much accent on the graphics and most of the time the same old story - go from point A straight to point B.
    With the possibilities of today you would expect more from a game. I don't mind a longer development period just to have a game as close to perfection as possible.
    Even reviving old games could be an option. Put them in new clothes, make them shine again.
    Mafia 2 has really good graphics but it walked away from the path of Mafia and that was a bad thing.