Canon IP1500 Printer Waste Ink Tank Error

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by alyy8128, Apr 4, 2006.

1. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

Hi, i just successful SOLVED the problem from the Printer Waste Ink tank error for Canon IP1500. Hope these procedures might help any of you.

The problem arise when the printer used for long period, (my case is for 1 year more after it bought). The printer giving an error message for Waste Ink Tank Full.(Giving 8 blinking of it power light) And prompt me to take it to Canon Service center. While it blinking it LED, you cannot operate the printer thru Windows and the catridge won't come out even you open the front cover. Howere, the small tips below can help you save some money by fixing it yourself.

Part A
    : Cleaning the waste ink tank.
    1) Open the front cover and power-ON, when the catridge come out from where it hiding, quickly unplug the power cord.

2) Use a tissue (preferred toilet tissue) to suck out the excessive ink in the waste ink tank in where the catridge hide. After you satisfy, close the front cover.

Part B: Reset the waste ink counter.
    3) While pressing the ON button, plug in the power cord. The power light will be in orange/yellow. (This is mean it is in service mode).

4) Keep pressing the ON button, press the RESUME button 4 times. (The light change everytime you press it.)

5) Release both buttons, and restart the printer.

The printer should now operate as usual and stop blinking it LED.

Hope this might help.

1 person likes this.
  2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

That's a pretty good tip. Thanks for posting it!

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i'm using that printer :mrgreen: so if anything happens i'll search for this thread :thumb:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

When I see Canon IP1500, I think of iR2200 or iR3170 in office... NIGHTMARE!!! ARGH!!!

Sorry for going off topic. :mrgreen: But I'm becoming a pro-printer guy very soon at this rate...

5. cinart

cinart Newbie

Canon ip1500 Waste Ink Tank Error

Thank you thank you thank you. Your solution worked like a champ. I should have found you before I purchased another ip1500. I had just ordered ink. Now I have two and will be able to keep them printing for a long long time.

6. pilip

pilip Newbie

ip 1500 printer

You've saved my life and money with your tip on resetting the printer re waste ink tank is full. Got mine working in 2 minutes.

grateful thanks.

7. kellywester

kellywester Newbie

Thanks your information. I have use ip1500 for around 3 years. I just replace 4 times ink. But i have not see the error message like this. I think this is useful. Thanks