Tech ARP Forums

Go Back   Tech ARP Forums > Hardware Discussion > General Hardware
Register
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Hardware For other hardware related discussions, this is the place!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th Oct 2008, 01:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Keiichi is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Can motherboard be repaired?

My friend is a computer teacher and has five computers at home. One of his computers got nuked. A service centre suspected that the motherboard got killed. He then transferred his Lan card from the nuked motherboard to another machine and the new motherboard showed the same symptoms as the motherboard that got nuked before. Could it happen that his lan card killed his motherboard?
And Can nuked motherboard be repaired ? Please answer, anyone
Keiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
SPONSOR
Old 8th Oct 2008, 01:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Da Boss

Adrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond repute

It's possible for a damaged LAN card to kill the motherboard. But try removing the LAN card and see if the motherboard can boot up normally.
Adrian Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2008, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Question

And Can nuked motherboard be repaired ? Please answer, anyone
Old 8th Oct 2008, 02:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Wong View Post
It's possible for a damaged LAN card to kill the motherboard. But try removing the LAN card and see if the motherboard can boot up normally.
ACTUALLY, THE MOTHERBOARD IS TOTALLY KILLED.So it doesnot work if we remove the Lan Card. Can this mother board be repaired?. Please answer.
Old 8th Oct 2008, 05:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Da Boss

Adrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond repute

Anything is possible. But is it worth repairing? I don't think so.

You might as well just replace the motherboard.
Old 9th Oct 2008, 01:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Wong View Post
Anything is possible. But is it worth repairing? I don't think so.

You might as well just replace the motherboard.
That motherboard is no longer available in the market(Intel D845GEBV2). besides I won't interfere in my friend's matter. He just wished to know and hence I reported the problem here....

Anyway, thanx a lot for the information.....
Old 9th Oct 2008, 05:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Just Started

Spanner is on a distinguished road

Well any motherboard can probably be repaired ,but from an economic and efficiency point of view, it may not be viable. You can currently buy a E2160 dual core and a LGA775 motherboard with HD audio and 2 gig of ram for less than $250 AUD...this board also has integrated 7 series graphics...you have to ask yourself is it worth fixing...the speed of the new system will blow away any socket 478 P4 rig...Anyway just my 2 cents...
Spanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2008, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner View Post
Well any motherboard can probably be repaired ,but from an economic and efficiency point of view, it may not be viable. You can currently buy a E2160 dual core and a LGA775 motherboard with HD audio and 2 gig of ram for less than $250 AUD...this board also has integrated 7 series graphics...you have to ask yourself is it worth fixing...the speed of the new system will blow away any socket 478 P4 rig...Anyway just my 2 cents...
Actually in India, where we live, computers are very costly according to the economy of our country because every part of the computers has to be imported from foreign countries. Even the upper middle classes think twice before buying a new computer. That's why this problem has arised.
Besides ,what do you mean by 'the speed of the new system will blow away any socket 478 P4 rig...Anyway just my 2 cents..' ???
Thanks a lot for your reply.......
Old 10th Oct 2008, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Da Boss

Ahh.. You are from India. Yeah, computers are more expensive over there.

What Spanner said is true. What he means is you can replace the motherboard and processor with a new and cheap LGA775 motherboard and CPU which will offer you much better performance than the current PC.
Old 11th Oct 2008, 01:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

belldandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi View Post
Actually in India, where we live, computers are very costly according to the economy of our country because every part of the computers has to be imported from foreign countries. Even the upper middle classes think twice before buying a new computer. That's why this problem has arised.
Besides ,what do you mean by 'the speed of the new system will blow away any socket 478 P4 rig...Anyway just my 2 cents..' ???
Thanks a lot for your reply.......
Yeah, in India they are much more costly than in Malayasia, U.S.A or Japan(I know since I stay here). You can buy a dual core 2.8 Ghz processor, a compatible DG31PR motherboard ,1 Gb 800Mhz DDR2 Ram for Rs 10000 (approximately) which is approximately equal to $220. I think it's the lowest configuration of computers available now....
belldandy is offline   Reply With Quote