Tech ARP Forums

Go Back   Tech ARP Forums > Software Discussion > General Software
Register
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Software This is the forum for general discussions about software.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th Apr 2012, 01:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

dudleian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Second hard drive issue

Hello there, can anyone help me please
I've recently installed a second hard drive to act as a storage facility on my Packard Bell iMedia (Vista home basic) as I was running out of disc space. As I've created the menu for all my stuff and folders/subs Vista has doubled everything up so I now have a back-up of the back-up and only half the free space that I anticipated!. When I open windows explorer I now have THREE folders marked 'E:Storage/etc... - two under Desktop/Anyone and one under Computer/ along with my other drives C.D and F (two DVD drives) - SO I have three questions 1) how did this happen (cos I didn't do it!)? 2) how can I stop it from continuing and most importantly 3) how do I delete all the duplicated stuff?
Any suggestions gratefully acepted
dudleian is offline   Reply With Quote
SPONSOR
Old 10th Apr 2012, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Da Boss

Adrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudleian View Post
Hello there, can anyone help me please
I've recently installed a second hard drive to act as a storage facility on my Packard Bell iMedia (Vista home basic) as I was running out of disc space. As I've created the menu for all my stuff and folders/subs Vista has doubled everything up so I now have a back-up of the back-up and only half the free space that I anticipated!. When I open windows explorer I now have THREE folders marked 'E:Storage/etc... - two under Desktop/Anyone and one under Computer/ along with my other drives C.D and F (two DVD drives) - SO I have three questions 1) how did this happen (cos I didn't do it!)? 2) how can I stop it from continuing and most importantly 3) how do I delete all the duplicated stuff?
Any suggestions gratefully acepted
I'm quite confused by what you posted, particularly "As I've created the menu for all my stuff and folders/subs Vista has doubled everything up so I now have a back-up of the back-up and only half the free space that I anticipated!"

What do you mean by you created the menu for all your stuff?

After you installed the second hard disk drive, what exactly did you do?

BTW, you can't actually have a drive attached to your desktop. That is most likely just a shortcut to the actual drive. You can check by right clicking on the icon and selecting Properties. A shortcut will also have a small arrow at the lower left corner of the icon.
Adrian Wong is offline   Reply With Quote