January '07 Memory Giveaway Contest

Discussion in 'Contests!' started by strawroot, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

Team ARP is proud to announce a new giveaway contest. Let's take a look at what's at stake!

The Prize

This time, we will be giving away a 1GB OCZ PC3200 Gold Voltage eXtreme Edition dual-channel memory kit!

[​IMG]

Based on the famous Winbond UTT memory chips, these modules are rated to run at 400MHz DDR with an ultra-low latency of 2-2-2-8 at 3.2V and 2-3-3-8 at 2.6V.

However, these modules have been proven to run at 500MHz at 2-2-2-8 even at just 3.2V. When we ran them at 3.5V, they actually hit 520MHz!

Now, is this a great pair of memory modules for your dual-channel motherboard or what?

And if you want them for free, this is your chance!

This is our way of saying thanks for being part of the Tech ARP community and helping us make it to where we are right now.

Where Do I Start?

All you have to just answer five simple questions!

Just click on the link below and be one step closer to winning yourself the OCZ Gold Voltage eXtreme memory kit!

Click HERE to participate!

Rules

• The contest will only run for 2 weeks, from January 18th until 2400 hours MYT (GMT +8), January 31st.
    • Everyone will only be allowed to participate once. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
    • At the end of the contest period, a winner will be randomly chosen from the list of qualified entries.
    • This contest is open to everyone from around the world. Only select members of Team ARP (Adrian Wong, Chai, Peaz) are not allowed to participate.

The Winner!

We have selected the winner! Well, this time, we have selected three potential winners.

If the first winner does not respond within a week, s/he will automatically forfeit the prize and we will announce the second winner and give him/her a week to respond, and so on.

So, it pays to check often for the results. Heck, if you want to keep updated, sign up for the Tech ARP newsletter (on the left side bar).

Alright, let's hear it for the winner - John L. Harman of Citrus Heights, California! Congratulations, John! :clap:

Do get back to us ASAP, so we can confirm your address and phone number and have the memory kit sent to you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2007
  2. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

hehehe, is this real, sounds like a joke to me:)

3. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

it is real :D , it's not a joke

4. zachig

zachig Newbie

WOOHOO!!! Year 2007 has just began and here we have a new contest already!!! :D

Thanks A LOT Adrian and all ARP staff!!!

I'm definitely in!!! ;)

GOOD LUCK everyone!!! :wave:

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  6. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

Let's see if I get lucky on this one..

Only have 256 mb of a generic ram right now, my other stick died :(

Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!

7. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Ya, I also would loved to have such an wonderful premium memories.

8. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

Now here's one prize I could actually make good use of... :thumb:
    ... although not at it's full potential unless I remove my current memory first. :(

/Olle

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, good luck, everyone! :thumb:

10. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Done and done.

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

All the best! :D

12. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

its 18th in malaysia.. i blur :p

13. Adrian Wong

Yup, it is. :)

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Maybe I should register as someone else... :shh:

15. slugbug

slugbug Newbie

Count me in :wave:

16. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Trin in.:pray:

:arp: #1:wave:

17. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

BTW, Just so no one gets confused, The link for 'Questions & Comments' at the bottom of the contest page is wrong. Takes us back to an older memory contest.:arp:

Edit: Link is fixed.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  18. Adrian Wong

Yup! Thanks for telling us! :thumb:

19. cypris

cypris Newbie

The contest ends on my birthday! Thus I should get it as a birthday present!!!!

1 person likes this.
  20. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

Some info about the RAM for you guys. Those are winbond BH5 UTT. Personally verfied as I've had a pair once. 230Mhz on 3.0v tight timings using nForce 3 250Gb for pair and 270Mhz per stick at 3.4v.

goody-goody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.