Are package contents important to you?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 23, 2005.

?

Are the contents of the package important to you?

1. Yes, I like to know what's inside the package.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, it's useless information.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure / No comment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Off topic (now thats a violation - spam lol.)

His sig is fine (i can't help but stare at times LOL.) We don't allow pr0n or nudity. Don't worry about that. :mrgreen: We keep things nice and tidy here. :arp:

2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

:rolleyes:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

sorry could not help myself...:think: :think: :think:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

perhaps this would be better and more to taste.; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjjvUO4xxlQ

:shifty: :wicked:

1 person likes this.
  3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

i honestly see nothing wrong with Akho's signature picture, it's not violating any of the rules there... I must admit that I sometimes look at the pic... quite funny... :roll: :shock:

4. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

O.K. if u all think that it's not obscene,then it's fine.

5. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

NO! don't remove his signature picture.. sometimes I come here just to stare at it.. like, now.. ohh :D

6. JaYp146

JaYp146 Newbie

Back on topic -

yes, listing contents is extremely helpful. It helps put a face on the manufacturer of the item in question and helps set it apart from other similar devices.

Keep it up, great reviews here. :thumb:

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Thanks, JaYp146! :beer:

8. ianho

ianho Newbie

I love elaborate packaging. When I pays me $ for the best hardware, they better be giving me the best packaging too. IMHO, best packaging ever is Asus. Always with the biggest boxes n classiest designs n also best bundles. No such nonsense like gay elf n fairy pictures on them. :lol:

9. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Then you better not buy this card - http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=397&pgno=0

10. The_YongGrand

Good package contents? A full comprehensive manual book and all of the important stuff bundled in. That's all. :D

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Good important package is important to me. I want to use new cables... and new screws... :mrgreen:

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL, I never use new cables unless I need to. I like to keep the stuff in the box as much as possible for higher resale value, but not like I sell them most of them time. :haha:

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

lmao. Cheapskate. :p

14. The_YongGrand

I liked Asus' packaging, especially the motherboard. the manual is fully detailed, and even lists down about the BIOS settings.

MSI board manual books seriously disappoint me - the newer ones have too little BIOS info compared to the previous ones. :shock:

15. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Voted yes :D

Packaging I think for the manufacturer shows pride in the product the consumer has purchased. Recently purchased a Corsair HX-520 modular power supply .. damn nice packaging even a velcro sealed bag for your cables ;)

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Do u guys actually keep the packaging once the hardware is in ur PC?

first thing i do, off to the bin it goes.

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Boxes I do (don't make me take a pic LMAO) for stuff that I can resell at a later date (cough upgrade cough).

Blister packs are evil incarnate and must die in the dark pit of trash can hell.

Ram packs I keep coz you never know when they need RMAing.

18. Adrian Wong

Yeah, I keep the boxes cause we usually end up giving them away. :haha:

19. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Well, from Microsoft hardware, I tend to keep the box for RMA purposes. The stupid RMA guys always ask for the full package.... grrr. easier to keep the box than try and argue with them on dust collection.

20. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Ohh thats good :D

Responding to ZuePhok ...

Depends usually when we buy something new its an upgrade and the new packaging makes a nice spot for the old hardware. On big boxes and crap not unless there is a reason but static bags and ram packaging I hang onto.

Was a really good question ZuePhok and PsYkHoTiK a good point as well. I have Arctic cooling and Corsair products here with warranties up to 6 years .. do we need to hold onto those for RMA ?