Whats with the virus scan!!!!

Discussion in 'BIOS Optimization Guide (BOG)' started by jeffdbodean, Feb 14, 2009.

1. jeffdbodean

jeffdbodean Official BOG Supporter!

I just clicked on a thread to read it and I got directed to a online virus scan that imediately started scaning my system! What kind of site is this man! I thought this wa going to be a great place to get some good info and now I am second guessing it. The very first thread that I try to read and BAM! I got drilled. Can somebody tell me what this is all about. The thread that I am speaking of is Bios Optimization Guide Revision 10.4. The author appears to be Adrian Wong. Like I say as soon as I cliked into it I started being scanned! EXPLANATION PLEASE!!!
    JEFFDBODEAN

2. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

is it only happen to that thread or other sites?
    and what's the scanner name?
    any link to the virus scan website?

Does this happens only one time or you can re-create the problem?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think you clicked on of the ads or text links.

4. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Well that has not happed to me here on TechARP. But I had that happen before just recently on another website I visit Very annoying! Had to use task manager to kill it. Pops up even if you just scroll over it.:mad:

But there is an annoying "ad" I've got here in the forums a few time lately, Just scrolling over one of some ad, And I get music or commentary from some mystery ad.. No pop up, nothing in the taskbar to close it...:confused: Have to kill IE to stop it...:faint:

5. jeffdbodean

jeffdbodean Official BOG Supporter!

:wave: It only happened the one time on that thread, because I haven't opened the thread again since it happened. I immediately closed my browser so I didn't have time to see what the scanner name was. It just immediately started a system scan it said. I don't like when something strange, unexpected happens so that is why I closed the browser down. Maybed it was one of those advertizing deals and I must have somehow got redirected to the site. I have had no further problems whatsoever since the first time. It just so happened that that was the first thread I was going to read so that is why it sort of shocked me. I am not a internet savy person but figure anytime something strange is going on I just shut down all my open browsers to be safe. After using this site since I have noticed the little advertizing pop-ups so that must be what happened. My appoligies to the site coordinator for getting so worked up about this but in my defence it was my first link I used. I will be paying much closer attention from now on.
    Thank You,
    jeffdbodean

6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

virus scan ad? . haven't receive them from here before hmmm .. maybe its some fluke.

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Ads are definitely not thread specific. But do let us know if it's happening again.

8. rootsys6

rootsys6 Newbie

there is an annoying "ad" I've got here in the forums a few time lately, Just scrolling over one of some ad, And I get music or commentary from some mystery ad.. No pop up, nothing in the taskbar to close it.

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You scrolled over what ad? A green IntelliText ad? Or a banner ad? What was the advertisement for?

10. Be careful with that! It is better not to open different unknown websites that seem to be suspended!