Beware of money in your door handle!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Got this latest "tip" in the mailbox recently :

I tried checking the authenticity of this claim but found nothing to back it up, only the exact message posted in several internet forums.

I personally think it’s not credible. How long do you think the RM 10 note will stay in the door handle in open view? Hardly 10 seconds.

Reader’s Digest did an honesty survey by dropping mobile phones in 32 cities worldwide. Out of 30 dropped in KL, only 13 were returned. That’s how DIShonest we are.

So, RM 10 note in open view? Gone in 10 seconds! 

PS. If you are interested to find out more about the Reader Digest's survey, here's the link to the results (right at the end) -> http://www.praha.eu/jnp/en/residents/have_you_lost_your_mobile_phone$135208-export.html?aid=76358

2. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

haha i can do my own survey for thumbdrives too

In my uni days. i have returned at least 5-6
    but when i lose a thumbdrive.. i never get i back.. so next time if u found someting, just take it :p

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That is so sad and true...

4. miahman

miahman Newbie

good tips. will remember. :thumb:

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

happens here in my university too. :p
    especially asians xD

my friends take home lost/found items from the library. ranging from USB pendrive.. 2GB cruzer titanium.. 4gb usb pendrives.... ipod mini ...

6. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

can take back home lost car? :lol:

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Finders Keepers, I guess. :haha:

8. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Should we spin this off into a new thread? :haha:
    I lost my phone when I was 14, was very upset...and I think I know who took it but I could never prove it.
    So if I found something that was personally identifiable like a phone or wallet, I would return it.
    But other than that I think it's fair game :p

9. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Probably i'm that 2 out of that 13.

I found 2 handphones before, both quite recent models, returned them.

I even have to take the initiative to call up few numbers on the phone book.

Found one wallet, loaded with money, went to college registry to dig up his info, called him few times, voice mail few times. And all I got from him was a mere thanks and not even a smile LOL

So much for being honest

Oh, and on top of that, I once left my wallet in my bag, I was only in Form 1, I had only RM4 in my wallet for lunch, and even that got stolen

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

My watch got stolen, I left it in my classroom for mere 5 minutes. Since then, I never own a watch anymore. That was almost 10 years ago. Bad memories.

11. Adrian Wong

Ahhh.. I bought a watch for RM 150 when I went off to college. Took it off to wash my hands after chemistry class but I forgot to put it back. I was the last one to leave. I went back within 30 minutes to find the cleaning lady there. She claimed she never saw it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It was a painful experience because RM 150 was a lot of money in those days, and it took me a long time to save it up for that watch. :wall: :wall:

12. The_YongGrand

Talking about stolen stuff, I had those experience as well!

Once in my secondary school 10 years ago, I got my cheap wallet (bought from the night market), got stolen when I put it in my desk. Then it just got missing when I left the table for a while, some dude must have taken it! Fortunately, the wallet contains only 40 cents, and that's about it!

Then on the next following Friday, one of the teachers found my wallet near the school toilet. She said that one of the sneaky chap in my classroom took that. She told me to be careful next time too.

I bet that guy got very disappointed! :haha:

13. Adrian Wong

LOL!! At least he didn't throw it into the rubbish bin. The biggest problem when your wallet gets stolen isn't the money you lost but the hassle of losing your credit card, identification card, bank ATM card, etc.

14. The_YongGrand

Yes, that's the hassle too!

I have another story of a failed theft attempted by someone else too.

A few years back when I studied Form 6, I forgot and left my bag outside the chemistry lab when all of my classmates took them inside.

The bag went missing after an hour of lessons.

Then later it was recovered, at almost the outside fence of the school!

Fortunately, my bag contains biology books and a water container only. He had rummaged it so bad, judging by the mess inside. That little thief must have been very disappointed too! :haha:

15. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!!! :lol: :lol: