My experience with Unifi!

Discussion in 'Chai' started by Chai, Jun 13, 2010.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

TM says no Unifi service as my place yet. WTH. But I saw them laying the fibre cables outside my condo!

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Don't worry. I heard they are speeding things up cause they want as many people to upgrade as possible. IMHO, you should see it extended to Klang by the end of this year.

3. Adrian Wong

I asked the TM guys about the Kelana Jaya area. They said it will be there by August... or at least it will begin in August. So expect to start registering in August with implementation possibly in September?

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

They have extended it to my area, and they have flyers all over inside the new Tesco a few kms from my home. :haha: :whistle:

5. Adrian Wong

Yeah, they are moving really fast... but I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Saw a TM truck with some guys working along the main road but didn't get any calls from them yet.

6. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

They don't even have 2mb or 4mb at my area :(...How am i gonna think of Unifi :wall:

7. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

My area also previously don't have 2mb line .. patient my fren . ..

8. Adrian Wong

Oh, that won't affect Unifi. My area doesn't support 2 MB or 4 MB either, and they are already rolling out Unifi here. :beer:

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

ahh.. ic

Can show the box? am just curious how it looks like. haha

how many channels do you get now? this sounds interesting..

so much can be done with IPTV

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Equipment

Crap...they are going to start charging extra for some channels...

11. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I recieved a SMS from TM ask'n me to enable the remote access on my router, and I decided...to hell with them :p

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  12. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Well, they didn't say the IPTV portion was going to be free indefinitely. :D

Even when I tested their first IPTV a few years ago, that was never meant to be free. It was only free during the test phase. :(

13. Adrian Wong

Why do they need remote access to your router???? :nuts:

14. Adrian Wong

I'm in a bit of a quandary. I can install Unifi now but if I move (and I probably will in about a year), I will have to pay RM 300 (~US$ 90) for the "transfer".

Also, did you guys have to change your telephone number when you upgraded to Unifi? According to the technician I spoke to, they will give me a separate line with a new number, and cut off my current line and number once Unifi is up and running. I just started to memorize my current number... :(

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

This is why we didn't cut off our "VIP" number. :lol:

16. Adrian Wong

Wah... So you are paying extra for the phone line? How much?

I'm not sure if that's possible with mine cause mine's a 2-in-1 package -> Internet plus phone line at one price.