Dead and reborn...

Discussion in 'Dashken' started by Dashken, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I was dead and re-born. Was involved in a car accident involving a tow truck on Sunday morning. I'm quite sure I didn't drink that much prior to the accident but I've no recollection whatsoever.

I remembered having glimpses of the doctor and the nurse asking me whether I know where I was, other questions were vague though. Woke up at about 11 on Monday morning in a hospital bed. Found everything's still intact. With some cuts and stitches on my right fingers, jaw, forehead (which I found today to be small cuts, no stitches), left elbow and left knee.

My mom called then... and asked where was I. Told her I was at the general hospital. Must have scared the hell out of her.

Still having some bad abdomen pain.. which I was told are just bruises. Nothing broken from the x-ray scan, the doctor said. Must be the effects from slamming myself against the steering wheel.

Spent Sunday night at the hospital for observation which wasn't very pleasant. Couldn't sleep and too many mosquitoes to have any.

Was discharged from hospital on Monday evening. Found out from my father that my car was totaled. Had a 3rd party insurance for it. So, any claims are impossible now. Am currently looking for a 2nd hand car. Even the workshop people said that I'm lucky to escape alive from that bunch of scraped metal.

Am now recuperating at home. Will need to go to a government clinic to get the stitches removed in a week's time. Hmm... guess that's that.

Been having a prediction when I was a little kid that my life would end at 30. I guess this is it. Dead and reborn...

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Goodness! I hope you really get well soon man! :pray:

Meanwhile, rest more!

3. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

OMG!!!:shock:

Thank goodness your 'ok'. It could have been a lot worst.:faint:

Sorry to hear about your car.:doh: :(

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow...that is really really bad. Do you happen to have a picture of your car?

Thankfully you are still here posting. Wish you fast recovery!

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

OMG!!! :shock: :shock:

Thank God you are okay! Forget about the car. Just be grateful you are alive and virtually unharmed!

Seriously, dude, it's amazing to survive with such minimal injuries in your Proton Saga, okay... No airbags, lousy brakes, man, you are REALLY LUCKY!!! :beer:

I guess you are as lucky as my brother. He totalled his Proton Satria about a year ago - a piece of a lorry's rubber tyre got caught in one of his wheels and locked it. His car spun and flipped, completely wrecking the car. But he survived the crash and managed to crawl out of the wreck with nothing more than a big bruise on his chest.

Take it easy, bro, and forget about your car first. Rest and get well!!! :hug: :hug:

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

My father has a few I think. But can't see much, he said it's quite dark at the workshop.

Thanks all... and thank you Adrian for calling too. I promise to be a really good boy. It's a miracle really. Hmm...

7. Adrian Wong

I will drop by for a visit when I go back to Penang. :beer:

BTW, I know you are looking for a second-hand Myvi, but you can consider the second-generation Proton Saga too. Based on the Proton Savvy chassis, it's a pretty good car for the price, whether new or second-hand.

If your budget is in the RM 20K range, you can consider a second-hand Hyundai Accent. A 2004 modem is about RM 20K. Alternatively, the Kia Spectra. You can get a 2004 model for about RM 20K as well.

Whatever it is, make sure your next car has airbags! :D

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, get the Myvi SXi or EZi to make sure it comes with airbags.

9. Adrian Wong

Don't save when it comes to safety! :D

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Some pictures my father took with his phone. :eh:

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      73.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      249.9 KB
      Views:
  11. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

That's a serious wreck, brother.:faint:

We are all glad you are safe. The car can be replaced. No worries about the car.

12. Adrian Wong

Wow! The impact actually broke your steering wheel. That's some impact, man...

13. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Glad you are alright.

Btw, what car is that?

14. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

God damn!!!:shock:

Your lucky to be alive!!!:faint: :hug:

15. Adrian Wong

It's a Proton Saga - the newer type. A real piece of Malaysian-Japanese junk technology, based on the 1983 Mitsubishi Lancer Fiore.

After 20 odd years, the idiots at Proton could not do more than give the old Lancer yet another facelift.

After 20 odd years, the idiots at Proton still refused to add airbags or ABS or any real safety feature, other than the legally-mandated seatbelts!

After 20 odd years, the idiots at Proton actually went backwards - from a fuel injected engine to a carburettor engine!

After 20 odd years, the idiots at Proton still insisted on using same lousy drum brakes on the Saga / Iswara.

So yes, it's a real miracle Dashken survived the impact.

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Very glad you're just scuffed up a tad but overall ok (and more importantly among us). It looks like that steering wheel took quite a hit from you. Glad it doesn't seem like anything too serious!

I know you're looking at used but if ever you're looking at a new P2 car (now or future), let me know. Not trying to sell you a car or anything (so please don't take it wrongly). Just throwing an option out there (a courtesy I extend to all of my friends).

17. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

How come they are still on the market with such a car?
    And yes, it's a miracle he survived...I wish Dashken a full and fast recovery.

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah, Adrian did mention it to me. I'm actually looking for a p2 myvi. Don't think I'm getting a new one though. I hate the thought of ever buying any car, really... coz I just finished the loan on this Iswara and money just loosen a little and now this... :cry:

But I guess exchanging that piece of junk with my life comes at a cost. :doh:

Going out to look for a second hand one tomorrow. Wish me luck. I hope I don't get some cars where I see dead people inside at night. :pray:

Thank you all for your wishes. Recovering quite ok here... :beer:

19. omegadoom13

omegadoom13 Newbie

I'm glad you didn't end up as another data point in car accident statistics. I think you totally deserve a drink... if you're old enough and not a teetotaler. :beer:

good luck hunting for your second car... have you consider public transportation? :shifty:

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Drink... no more drinking for me. :hand:

Found a Perodua Myvi today with airbags. :)

Public transportation is very inconvenient in Malaysia. :|