Upgrading my brake pads!

Discussion in 'Chai' started by Chai, Jul 16, 2011.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LOL! I've been b*tching and complaining but almost forgot I'm in the industry... :shifty:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Brakes are wear and tear parts, so I don't really care about the warranty. Engine, gearbox, some of the most expensive components are not. And if warranty is voided due to some stupid reasons/excuses they give, that will be extremely unacceptable.

Talk about the lack of consumer rights here...

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Hahaha! More like consumer rights? What consumer rights? :lol:

4. jay cee

jay cee Newbie

i just hate it when they try to say the engine failed because you didnt use the approved brake pads...

5. Chai

Recently, I heard on the radio, asking us to promote consumer rights. Yeah right... :haha:

Roaches in your food? I would be happy if I can even get a refund!

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's the thing... They are now threatening to void the 4 year (300,000 km) warranty on my engine and auto transmission if I use my own engine oil.

I'm going to fire an e-mail to Sime Darby (the official Hyundai distro) and see what they have to say about this policy. It's ridiculous!

7. Chai

Don't bother. There's no consumer rights here. :haha:

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I must try la.. If don't complain, they will just run over our rights. We must start asserting our rights. :mad:

9. Chai

It's basically the same for most car manufacturers.

It makes Nissan more and more appealing again. You don't get such BS. I always bring in my own parts for servicing, and warranty maintains.

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I think warranty, while essential, can be overrated sometimes. my car = case and point (hard break in, after 1000 miles, mods started). :p

If you know you're replacing stuff with high quality parts, I wouldn't worry too much. Besides if brake warranty goes, what will go?

But then again, over here, I'm protected with recalls (that is different from warranty).

11. Chai

I'm worried about the gearbox, and to a certain extent, engine, because these FI engines are very highly tuned, and while DSG is very good, but they are not unbreakable.