Ipad 3 Casing

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by belikethat, Apr 24, 2012.

1. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

I guess this topic fall under here since there no tablet thread.

So any ipad 3 user out there? Care to share casing for the new ipad.

I can`t believe casing can he so expensive 299 for smartcover from apple ? you kidding me ? that like 25% of my ipad value:wall:

Am looking at a smartcover + backcover combo, but they are all too pricey. :nuts: Even a screen protector could cost you rm100 :mrgreen:

Any alternative, i looking online to purchase now... :silenced:

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

To be honest, you don't really need a screen protector. The screen is pretty tough by itself.

If you're on a budget for the case, just shop online! A lot of those China replicas works just as fine, albeit a bit lesser in quality and build.

But if you are willing to spend, I'm using the iPad 2 version of this case: BOOKSTAND3 Macally Peripherals
    A bit pricey but the build quality is awesome.

I used to have this case too for my iPad 2 before giving it to my dad. It's pretty awesome too, nice protection all around, but the extra weight is something you'd want to think about.
    https://www.speckproducts.com/tablet-ipad-cases/the-new-ipad/pixelskin-hd-wrap-for-ipad.html

I've heard of good reviews of this Incase one and was actually looking for it before I bought the Macally one. Magazine Jacket for iPad 3rd gen by Incase

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Actually it should belong to the Mobile devices. :mrgreen:

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Chai's correct. I'm moving this there. :D

5. Adrian Wong

I just bought the "new" iPad (or iPad 3 to the rest of us!) for my mother.

I agree with Ken - you don't need a screen protector for the iPad. Its Gorilla Glass screen is really tough. It also has a oleophobic coating so it's easy to wipe off oily fingerprints. If you put a screen protector over it, you will lose that ability.

I still haven't decided on the case yet.. Hmm...

6. Chai

I would only use a screen protector on a phone, especially when they have to withstand keys and coins scratches from our pocket (handbag for the ladies).

For iPad, a good case would be a good idea, especially one that allows it to stand.

7. peaz

i don't even use a screen protector for my iPhone 4s. Just a case that i'm even contemplating removing.

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Don't put your phone in the same pocket as your coins and keys... :doh:

9. Chai

That's because I'm not as rich... haha...

I'm glad I use screen protectors. Lately, I've been cycling a lot, and the only reasonable place for me to keep the phone is in my bike pouch. And the things I keep in there are not very phone friendly (portable bike tool set, portable pump). The screen protector did keep the screen from getting scratched somewhat, and I've already changed a screen protector recently, and it only cost me like RM5 for 3 pieces from ebay. That's like nothing. :thumb:

10. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

11. Adrian Wong

12. Chai

It's crazy, everything is so much cheaper outside of Malaysia. Now I don't even bother shopping now. ebay is my best friend! I bought a phone casing for just RM12 with free shipping to my doorstep. I probably have to pay twice that and that doesn't include petrol and parking fees.

13. peaz

Agree with Chai. Nowadays, all the accessories I buy is off eBay...awesome stuff!

14. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

15. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

late reply. item received and it good :thumb:

bought from seller in china thru tabao.com. also bought a SP for about rm20. Saw selling rm80 at senq. :nuts:

16. Adrian Wong

Are screen protectors really necessary with the iPad? I never used one with my original iPad and it still doesn't have a scratch on it.

17. Chai

Yeah, I never bother with screen protector on my tablet too.

18. minvita

minvita Banned

i am also want a cheaper one

19. Braxton

Braxton Newbie

try shopping on amazon if you are looking for something relatively cheap, i have tried phone covers from there and the quality is not bad, I don't have any experience with ipad cases though