Checkerboard Artifacts on GTS450

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by The_YongGrand, Nov 7, 2012.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hello there,

Got the weird funky looking "checkerboard overlay" on games (3d-games of course) I'm playing just now. Restarted the PC and tuned down the graphics settings, but it doesn't get away. Plus, the screen is flickering with this overlay.

The game performance runs like usual but the flickering overlay is very annoying.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Here's one screenshot:
    checkerboard artifact.jpg

2. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

lol! is it for this game only or other games as well ?

3. The_YongGrand

Other games like TF2 and such are having such problems. I'll go look into these first and double-confirm. :faint:

Plus, it's very hard to screenshot the thing because it's flickering very fast.

Here's this problem also creeping to anything that uses 3D, like the Windows 7 effects:
    taskbar.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hmm...if it is not overclocked, or overheating, the only thing you can do is update the latest driver. Most likely the card has failed, time to send to RMA.

5. The_YongGrand

I didn't overclock it, since I don't know how to tune the graphics card. I'll try to read up on down-clocking the thing if possible. Plus, I'll check the drivers first.

If all else fails, damn, I need a temporary spare card. The card is old already and the warranty is out. :faint:

6. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

try different type of drivers, including older version