Car DVR Dashcam

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Dashken, May 31, 2014.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Anyone has any experience with any? :think:

Was thinking about it for a long time. You know... with so many crazy cases on the road, I have to get one! I don't want to regret not getting one before something bad happens. :wall:

After many googling... found this. Dash Cam Talk

Finally decided on the recommended budget one.
    HD1080P 2014y G1W Car Dash Camera DVR Novatek NT96650 AR0330 Lens 320mah Battery.

It's still on the way... maybe on a ship? :haha:

There are many good reviews on the G1W. At least it's not a fake 1080p which is actually a stretched 480p that my friend bought. I think he bought the Carcam K2000 1-2 years ago. Chinese cheats. :haha: :haha: :haha: :nuts:

If this G1W turns out good :pray: , I'll get one for my wife too. :beer:

Demo of G1W

Their driving style is so different compared to Malaysia :haha:

Night video of the G1W

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Me too! I was almost hit by a car coming in the OPPOSITE direction around a roundabout recently. Crazy drivers!

But I was thinking of getting these from AliExpress or DHGate. Cheaper, I reckon although they take a while to arrive - 1-2 months.

When is your unit scheduled to arrive? Let me know how it goes! :thumb:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah... I checked AliExpress too but it's a little more expensive... and the sellers feedback not that good too. Will do once I get my hands on mine. :thumb:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

This guy has a lot of reviews of these sort of cameras.

5. Adrian Wong

I can't wait!

Yeah, and you have to be careful with these Chinese-based sites too. Sometimes, they will ship OEM / Chinese-made versions of the original products.

But sometimes you can get really good deals from them.

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yup, and I bought from the guy estore009 because it was the one that the reviewer at Dash Cam Talk bought from and it has 99.6% rating. I guess that's good enough, and this guy that Chai posted also got from the same seller. :D

Did look at some other top sellers but the price is a little more expensive. :mrgreen:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  7. Chai

I have been buying these stuffs from ebay, they are usually quite reliable, especially if their ratings are very good. They can't get more than 10000 ratings if they are scammers.

8. Adrian Wong

BTW, are you going to leave the camera sitting in your car? Or are you planning to remove it every time you leave the car?

9. Chai

I would leave it in the car. I think it defeats the purpose if you need to remove it every time. You will forget about installing it when you need it most!

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yup, leave it in the car and if the one that I ordered comes with the silver ring at the lens, will probably colour it black with a marker or something. LOL!

What I'm afraid is whether the camera will be able to stand the heat and the direct sunlight when I park my car at my company's car park. Hmm... maybe will cover it with something in the beginning but I bet I'll forget about it not long after that. :haha:

11. Chai

If you are worried, you can consider mobius, it is so small it doesn't even look like a dvr, and it's very good too.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah... but from review... it's not really recommended for newbie. :mrgreen:

13. Chai

I have a previous generation 808 #16 camera with unlabeled buttons, even harder to use. But it only has 3 buttons, and with manuals and PC software to configure it, it is not that difficult. And you don't have to worry once you leave it at car dvr mode.

I think the night mode is slightly better too. But it is more expensive, and less likely to get spotted. Looks like an average remote control gate.

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Too late... Adrian... Get one and let me know how is it.. Lol... :mrgreen:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

15. Adrian Wong

Mobius? Hmm... Okay, will check it out! :thumb:

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

17. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. The narrow angle and the high operating temperatures could be a deal breaker. I'm not sure which model was reviewed but the current one being sold on Amazon (~US$ 90) has an ambient temperature limit of 47C.

The manual seems to state that it's the same model... -> http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/MobiusManual.pdf

18. Chai

19. Adrian Wong

So there's only this version. No newer version with a wide-angle lens? :think:

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

So, we need a solar-powered cooling casing for it... :haha: