Watercooling upgrade project

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Chai, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Nope. I will call them again today.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2. Chai

Wow, after many months, there's still a possibility of a new replacement! Czone told me I should get the replacement next week! "fingers crossed"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

WOW!! That's hopeful!!! :thumb: :thumb:

4. Chai

Woohoo, after more than 4 months, I got my replacement! For the Asus at least!

5. Adrian Wong

That is fantastic news!!! :thumb: :thumb:

6. Chai

I have not regretted buying Asus Maximum 7 Ranger. It's probably one of the best motherboard at this price range.

The Fan Xpert 3 is almost perfect. The fan controls are limitless. All fan ports can support both voltage and PWM speed control, and they are almost fully customizable. It will detect the minimum running speed to allow the quietest running mode, which is close to silent on my machine.

The power saving mode actually works, and it is more power efficient than Asus H81M-C that I was using while waiting for the return of Ranger. It cuts idle wattage of roughly 5W when power saving is enabled.

Now I have a fully capable multi-purpose gaming water cooled PC which idles at just 54W.

I will take some pictures later.

7. Adrian Wong

Any news of the graphics card? :think:

8. Chai

Warranty voided. I think it's fair since the card is not the root cause of the problem. So I got another one few months back knowing that there's a very slim chance of getting a replacement.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  9. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

COOL NEWS!!!:dance: :dance: :dance: :beer: :beer:

Now those pictures please.:mrgreen:

10. Chai

Not much difference from the pre-incident. But here it is. There's a new graphics card in there. :wicked:

The radiators are cooled by Sycthe Gentle Typhoon AP-15, one of the best fans in the market.

Attached Files:

11. Trinity

Nice to see her in action again!:) What CPU are you running?

Taking off the cooler on the video card causes it to bend that far?:o

12. Chai

Pentium G3220 :haha: I'm using water cooling on the graphics card, which is much better than stock. Despite that, it bends a lot...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

13. Adrian Wong

Is there any wonder why Intel's profit has slumped? LOL! :haha:

14. Chai

Not really. Actually I was waiting for Devil's Canyon, but I have different priorities now. I can't even play Watch Dogs now. :(

15. Trinity

MMMmmmm.... Devil's Canyon...:drool: Looks like I could use that on my Z87 with a bios update.:think:

Alas,,,'Priorities'...:(

16. Chai

I think you should wait for Broadwell instead. :mrgreen: Devil's Canyon is too disappointing IMO.

17. Trinity

Broadwell... HolySh1t! 14nm...:shock:

18. Chai

We will have to wait and see. Haswell and the refresh version wasn't a great leap.

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

the days of ridiculous IPC improvement have lone gone, no? i cant tell a nehalem from haswell.

20. Chai

It depends what you are using it for, I guess. If you are not gaming or doing any heavy work, even the lowest end Haswell is pretty good.