The Walking Dead Season 5

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Anyone following Season 5 of The Walking Dead?

For once, we Malaysians get to watch it within 12 hours of the US debut, so we are pretty much "in sync". :haha:

So what do you guys think of the first two episodes?

2. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENT SEEN SEASON 5

We (wife & I ) have watched it since season 1. It has evolved deeper and deeper. The guy with the mullet haircut needs to come clean on the secrets he's holding, that Bob guy is in deep crap (cannibals) and where is the little blonde girl? (car passing with cross on back glass??)

(A close friend of the family is "Carl's (Chandler Riggs)" aunt. They share food recipes, but NOT show secrets as most filming in done 6 months in advance. The filming is all done in south Georgia about 3 hr drive from here. A guy at work actually followed the "footsteps" of last season to a "tee" on a road trip.

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Is it for the Malaysian public TV or for Astro (Malaysian subscriber TV station)? :think:

I heard that the Astro also have other US Series in sync with the time over there too. :)

4. Adrian Wong

Wow! It's such a small world! :D

I've been watching it since Season 1 too. Thankfully, we now get to view Season 5 within 12 hours of the US release. :thumb: :thumb:

What do you think about Bob going off to cry outside in Episode 2 of Season 5 (502)?

My cousin and I initially thought that he might have been bitten by a walker at the Food Bank, but the more I think about it... I wonder if Bob may have known Gareth, the leader of the cannibals in Terminus?

I'm also a bit puzzled how Daryl knew that car was holding Beth... :think:

Going back to the first episode of Season 5, what do you think about it?

5. Adrian Wong

Unfortunately, it's only on Astro (Fox) for now. No idea if it will ever hit public TV in Malaysia... :(

Yeah, they are starting to show series closer to the US release to avoid people dumping pay TV to download them off the Internet. :D

6. The_YongGrand

It'll be okay if it's for the Astro, since these series are already in HD. :whistle:

Talking about HD, I would need to get a new TV. Watching any HD in a CRT cause me neverending eye pain and headaches. :faint:

7. Adrian Wong

Okay, looks like I overthought it... Bob was bitten after all... :wall: :wall:

But it sure was funny when Gareth and gang found out that they had been enjoying "tainted meat". :haha: :haha: :thumb:

8. Adrian Wong

Time to ditch the CRTs already, man... They are not only heavy and low-res, they also consume a lot more power. :mrgreen:

9. The_YongGrand

Tell it to my parents! :haha:

14 years ago that Wega was the best stuff, until one day this year, that extra amperage went straight into my heart when I touched the chassis. I could feel that short tight squeeze in my chest! No fun at all!

Lesson: Don't touch any CRTs. They have very high voltages, and the capacitors are known to might kill a horse if it's fully charged. :faint:

10. Adrian Wong

Yeah, the Sony WEGA... I still have a 34" WEGA. It's so heavy, it caused my TV cabinet to sink in the middle! :haha: :haha:

11. Adrian Wong

Coming back to The Walking Dead Season 5...

I expected the Terminus story arc to last more than one episode... or three, if you count the extended encounter with Gareth and his gang.

But I guess it's on to the next one... :D

12. Diana Scarpa

Diana Scarpa Newbie

The first two episodes are intense! Carol is the real hero! The crew of survivors fight off Terminus, to only know how much harder the tasks of survival. However, They did not kill the leader of Terminus, leading to the capture and death of Bob Stookey, one of the crew members. Once they rake out the bad hunters, Half of the group seperate to Washington for a cure.

13. Adrian Wong

Yeah, it's quite surprising how Carol turned out. From one of those who I expected to get "taken out" very soon, she turned out to be a very strong character. :thumb:

14. Adrian Wong

I'm now watching Episode 5... at the WTF moment which is almost at the end of the episode... :wall: :haha:

15. This is a very good movie series. I can't get enough of watching the last episode ^^

16. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

i lost appeal for this tv series already.

17. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

18. Adrian Wong

I still like it too but I felt that the second half of Season 5 was a bit surreal... and Tyreese's death was totally unnecessary.

Of course, if they wanted to point out that anyone can get hit by bad luck, they did that alright... Still, an experienced survivor like Tyreese would not have let his guard down without clearing the house / room first.

That said, the finale was a cliffhanger. I can't wait to watch Season 6 or the spin-off! :mrgreen:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Been watching it since Season 1... I'm in for anything walking dead... watching iZombie too... though iZombie doesn't really look like zombies at all. :lol:

20. Season 6 is coming! Faster, October!!