Favourite Android browser

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Chai, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I have removed some of the menus. Looks better, but still has room for improvement.

2. Chai

Is there anyway to set to show url bar permanently? It is quite annoying, and there's no way to show the bar unless you scroll up. In terms of configuration, it lacks quite badly compare to naked browser.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You can bring down the URL bar in CM Browser by flicking downwards from the top of the screen without scrolling all the way up. The URL bar should pop down.

4. Chai

Isn't that a bad design? Android uses notification bar on top and it is conflicting, and by doing that, you page get scrolled up unintentionally.

That's what I meant. I know there's no need to scroll all the way up. Sometimes I need to switch tab to make comparison, for example. This is why I prefer to have an option to show URL bar all the time, or at least a button or some sort to show the URL bar. Naked Browser has a pre-Android 4 button at the navigation bar, but it works.

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, it's not as elegant as a permanent URL bar. I suppose they wanted to maximise the reading space, but there should be the option to make it permanent.

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You can't do that with CM Browser though. Firefox has that option. :D

7. Chai

I feel that CM browser is slower than naked browser. So I switched back to that again. :mrgreen:

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You're using the 10 bucks one?

9. Chai

Still using the free one. I believe the paid version is for supporting him.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Only can find the Pro version in Google Play. When I tried the website version of Google Play, found it but it says my device is not compatible. Had to get it from Naked Browser website - naked browser Android

Which means I'll have to check it from time to time for new version. :wall:

It's fast, no settings to play with though. :D

11. Chai

What kind of settings do you need?

It's weird that it can't be found in play store, but once you install it, it can update from play store, but you have to find it manually.

But it's so fast, it's worth the trouble. There's no need for updates, since it's simple and stable.

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Nothing in particular... just something to play with. :lol:

Nope... can't find in My Apps > Installed in Google Play. :D

13. Chai

Weird, I can see mine in installed list, but can't search in the play store

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

that's weird, your phone is not compatible too?

How do you set so that the url bar 'always show' or the tabs bar?

15. Chai

Yup, incompatible.

I can't, but there's a button to show url bar without scrolling. Not so bad I guess.

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Which button? I only have the scroll to top button. :think:

Attached Files:

17. Chai

Referring to naked browser. CM browser doesn't have.

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I'm using Naked Browser. That screenshot was from Naked Browser but no button. :(

19. Chai

Your Samsung has hardware buttons as menu button. I'm referring to menu button. My phone uses on-screen buttons.

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

So weird! LOL!!! Note 4 menu button now is only used for Recent Apps. Just found out that Naked Browser hid the settings in this button, just have to long press hold.

Hmm... works for Firefox and Chrome too. Damn, I only know this today!!! :wall: :doh: