Eyefinity Problem

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by R0nnieW00d, Nov 19, 2015.

1. R0nnieW00d

R0nnieW00d Newbie

Long story short if I try any other drivers except CAT 14.4 eyefinity is broken in AC 4 Black Flag. But with 14.4 Eyefinity works great. I dont want to switch these drivers because who knows if some other eyefinity game will break

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's interesting. So you never upgraded to the newer Cat 15.x drivers?

AMD will be releasing a completely new type of driver, a mini-OS actually, called AMD Radeon Software, Crimson Edition - " + Title + "

That may solve your problem.

3. R0nnieW00d

R0nnieW00d Newbie

I used to update every time they brought a beta driver out. Until I decided to replay ac4 and I had a real hard time trying to figure out why the eyefinity wouldn't work anymore. Had to revert back to 14.4 they are the ONLY drivers that support ac4 in eyefinity

4. Adrian Wong

Let's hope the new Radeon Software will solve that problem. It's a completely new software.

5. R0nnieW00d

R0nnieW00d Newbie

Nope...didnt fix the problem, and really the "new" software is just a new shell over their old software, if you click on advance in any screen it takes you back to the old CCC

6. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. It's not supposed to have CCC at all. According to AMD, it's completely new. I will have to test it out for myself.

7. R0nnieW00d

R0nnieW00d Newbie

now here's the kicker.....with the "new" crimson drivers Elite Dangerous runs like complete garbage whenever your near a planet.....install 14.4 (I call them AC4 drivers now) and Elite runs flawlessly...Go figure

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I don't think the new Crimson will solve any driver problem since it is only changing the front end UI mostly.

9. Adrian Wong

Well, AMD claims it is rebuilt from ground up. In fact, they no longer call it a driver, but a mini-OS.

I just installed it, and I personally seem to have problems with Unigine Heaven...

10. R0nnieW00d

R0nnieW00d Newbie

Just reinstall 14.4 and everything will work again.

11. Adrian Wong

Yeah, it looks like the current AMD Radeon Software isn't as good as they said it would be... :(