other than samsung & apple

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by sg50, Dec 20, 2015.

1. sg50

sg50 Newbie

what else worth to try?

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

3. sg50

sg50 Newbie

all mobile devices.:wave:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Currently, I'm using Sony because it has good water resistance protection and very good battery life. It is also the ONLY sub 4.7 inch screen Android phone with high end processor like Snapdragon 800 series.

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

It really depends on what is your priority, what features you're looking for.

6. sg50

sg50 Newbie

some is brand fanatics.

7. Chai

I can safely say most are brand fanatics or just trend followers.

8. zy

That too... especially those that change phone very often.

I'm still on my HTC One (M7). I like the Sense interface more than TouchWiz (Galaxy SII).

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

err.. i don't think samsung is worth trying :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You can try Xiaomi? :D

11. GRexer

GRexer Newbie

Yeah.. I'm a fan of Sense interface too, though, I had lost touch since Sense 2.3, but the previous experience was good if not great.

12. Chai

Sense is definitely one of the better UI, better than the stock Android IMO. Unfortunately, their phones are getting less and less attractive.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

13. zy

Sadly yes, I would buy a HTC for their UI, not so much for their hardware performance or reliability.
    I've already replace my M7 under warranty once, due to GPS unable to lock at all.

My friend sent his M7 for warranty twice, once to replace the camera (purplish in low light issue), once because the phone died i think, and in the end he killed his phone. :lol:

14. Chai

M7 camera was a known issue. Mine was replaced under warranty too. But it survived submerging into shinjuku garden lake for a minute or so. :haha:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

15. GRexer

GRexer Newbie

Yeah.. Sadly, for HTC, their UI is nice, I definitely don't quite fancy stock Android for a phone (but my tablets had all been exclusively Nexus or Google Play Editions), I needed something with a good balance lightweight and usability.

I hadn't had a HTC phone for a very long time now.

16. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

I would recommend Xiaomi phone.
    simple interface, they have updates too.

17. GRexer

GRexer Newbie

Somehow, Xiaomi updates kinda frequently "fix some break something else" for me. :haha:

I always wait a while more, read the reviews of other users before deciding to update for my Xiaomi devices :shifty:

18. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

guess i am such a low end user that i didnt noticed anything different. lol
    only recall once my widget got missing after an update.. had to rearrange my screen again. that all. hehe

19. GRexer

GRexer Newbie

It really depends on what you are looking for though.

No doubt, with the almost "nightly" update frequency for Xiaomi, they are more up to date with security patches. I only have a couple of old Xiaomi devices around, and with the latest round of MIUI7 updates, they apparently are fully patched for Stagefright.