The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

@PsYkHoTiK: intent matters a lot to me. let's put it this way, if Apple didn't go crazy over flash storage for mobile devices or custom part / soldered component to extract more room for battery, HP/Dell/Lenovo would still sell you HDD and TN panels.

that miniature Intel core package (sorry i can't recall what you call it anymore) was launched in around 2008/09. it was already available for some time before MBA popularized it. Not a single fuck was given by the PC guys.

Who is excited about getting a new Windows PC these days? that's the reason I was hoping for msft to make their own hardware. with good, genuine intent. windows devices need a new dimension. We do not want the culture of dell/hp/ibm. it's 2015, it's a services world!

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Oh, I agree that the PC OEMs are for the most part indifferent about pushing the envelope so to speak. And that apathy trickles down to crap pushed to the consumers (read: Dell, HP). I love my Surface Pro 3, and the Surface Book (nagging issues aside) is great - it's a challenge to the OEM partners - get creative.

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

If I were to get a Windows laptop today, I would have to say it's probably a Razer Blade. That thing is pretty well made. The surface pro 3 comes close.

Nah. Who am I kidding. I'd just run Windows on my old MacBook.

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Just plastic dip it black. Lol

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I actually do want the Razer Blade. I'd replace my aging desktop with it.

6. peaz

I've been buying quite a few stuff from Taobao recently. Heh. The Yi Action camera just arrived and I have to say so far, it's a pretty good clone of the Go Pro Hero 3(?). Cheap. And the seller sold it along with the mount you see in the photo as well as a 16GB Toshiba MicroSD card.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450780959.031474.jpg

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I ordered a HDMI KVM from AliExpress. Now waiting for it to arrive. :D

8. peaz

I'm not that desperate for a Razer Blade.

9. peaz

I generally find the pricing at Taobao to be a lot cheaper at times. Especially those made in China stuff this is pretty much everything. LOL. The only problem is the whole site is only in Chinese. So have to get someone who can browse it to order it.

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I have ordered twice from taobao, bought a few car replacement parts. It's quite cheap, and sometimes the only place that you can find. But it's not as attractive anymore since our currency is so weak now...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

11. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

So far Lenovo has given me the least problems (touch wood) -- Thinkpad X230, Yoga 11s, Vostro V470c, Yoga 3 Pro.

That aside, I think the most reliable laptops would be from the manufacturer's business line, not the consumer line.

12. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

I had a bad experience with Lenova.
    Problematic laptop. Brand new laptop die in 1 month. They changed motherboard.
    Problematic Lenova vibe. Finally changed motherboard for it.

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I cruised into an outdoor store to look at snowboard boots but walked out with a nice outdoors/survival blade.

Benchmade Fixed Contego with a lovely full tang blade in S30V stainless steel (my favorite knife steel).

[​IMG]

On my hunting/hiking/camping pack:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Fruit Phone using Tapatalk

14. Chai

I was looking at the specs on the box under it, and I saw, knife has recoil and magazine? :haha:

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Haha!

I had my pistol mat underneath the knife and box.

Prevents scratching up my desk when I have my stuff out:
    [​IMG]

Also it's kinda fun seeing the part diagram when I have my 1911 disassembled:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Fruit Phone using Tapatalk

16. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

That's some nice hardware there.:cool:

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  17. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

is that a toy ? looks real

18. peaz

That, my friend, is most definitely not a toy.

19. Chai

If it's for fun, then it is definitely toy. :mrgreen:

Many 'toys' that we use are very dangerous and can be life threatening. :mrgreen:

20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started