The ARP's New Toy Bragging Corner!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Good for taking bike shoots outside I guess... Normally I just leave it lying on the ground.

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

2. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Isn't that the whole point of owning a bike? :mrgreen::haha::beer::dance::wicked:

3. Chai

LOL! Good point! :thumb: That reminds me of some photos hiding in my phone somewhere...

4. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Upgraded to clipless... and with it, markings for the rite of passage. :haha:

P4023871.jpg

Trinity likes this.
  5. Chai

Wow... getting really serious... Haven't had the balls to ride clipless. MTB is a different ball game though. :haha:

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I picked up some new earbuds for running - V-Moda Forza Metallo.

[​IMG]

I love my V-Moda M-100 cans. These are nice too (not as bass heavy - but great soundstage).

Needed something that was more sweat proof since my Shure SE-215 cables are starting to show corrosion from sweat (drivers look ok though so will probably just buy a new cable).

Sent from my Fruit Phone using Tapatalk

7. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I heard SPD cleats are a lot easier to clip out compared to SPD-SL. Also much easier to walk around with. But I guess with MTB it depends on your route and style, if you need to take your feet off often then flats avoid the hassle of constantly clipping on and off... but if you're on bumpy terrain and want to avoid pedal-to-shin hits then clipless would be better.

Nice, but I wonder why you didn't go for "active lifestyle" earbuds like those Sony sport models instead; I figure those would at least be better at sweat resistance than ordinary ones. Also not sure how well the metal body will hold out against sweat... :think:

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Because the sport earbuds that I've heard so far all sound like crap (I can be a little picky). I'll be carrying these when I'm camping in the middle of no where (so I need them to sound "good" outside of running too).

I can be pretty demanding on gear so hoping the metal body could be more durable. I hope it stands up and resists corrosion. Weight was more of an issue for me and there wasn't much difference between the plastic body one that they have.

9. Chai

If only the decision was so simple... LOL. It's true that clipless can prevent pedal strikes like this. http://forums.techarp.com/attachments/dsc_0167-jpg.28151/ But clipless can create a lot of problem if you are not very confident at technical sections...

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I started playing fighting games again lately and have been frustrated with controllers.

So I bought my first Razer product. A Razer Panthera arcade stick. Featuring Sanwa joysticks and buttons. They also make it easy to mod (can pop it open and replace the buttons and joysticks).

Way better than my old Mad Catz SFIV Tournament Edition sticks (usable only on PS3). This one works on PS4, PS3, and PC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Chai

Wow... it even has hydraulic strut for the cover! :nuts:

PsYkHoTiK likes this.
  12. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

IMAG2043.jpg

One day I could't sleep because it was a warm day, AC wasn't turned on yet, so I decided to play some games... Playing Civ 5 for almost an hour, my i5-3570k PC suddenly power cycled and there wasn't any display on the screen. Fans are spinning, hard disk powers up. Tested Power supply voltages, seems fine. Thinking either my motherboard or CPU died, replacement parts are hard to get for this PC. No spare PC to test if its either motherboard or CPU. Reset CMOS, nothing.... Tore down to basic essentials, onboard GPU, single RAM, still nothing..

In the evening of the same day, I went to MicroCenter, and bought an i7-7700k, MSI z270 gaming pro carbon, 16gb of DDR4. Setup everything, hit the power button, fan spins up, red LED on EZ Debug for CPU... Dead CPU ? Dead Motherboard ? Reset CMOS many times, nothing ...This is driving me crazy...

Decided to hunt down a really old PC in the house.. A dell core 2 duo. Opened it up to find a 300w 24+4pin Power supply. Plug it to the i5 setup, system boots up.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to BestBuy (nearer than microcenter) and bought a power supply... Now my i7 works....

Going to convert the i5 to a server..

13. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

What brand and size (watts) was the faulty PSU?:think:

14. zy

15. Chai

Buy a GTX1080 to complete the setup. Might as well... :haha:

16. zy

Maybe it was already part of the plan :shhh:

17. Chai

Lame excuse then... :snooty:

18. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Bought this little fella for taking out with me on my rides. Fits nicely into a top tube bag or, if necessary, even fits into the jersey pocket.

[​IMG]

19. Chai

Wow, IV or V?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

20. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Got the III only. Didn't see the point of the 4K video and lower battery life of the higher end models.