Tech ARP Forums

Go Back   Tech ARP Forums > Hardware Discussion > Graphics Cards & Displays
Register
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Graphics Cards & Displays Here's the place to discuss pixels and vertices!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th Nov 2007, 01:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

billbab is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry ati mobility radeon x600

Need help with my video card. i have installed the drivers for my ati mobility radeon x600 and every time i get a black screen on boot. i have cleaned the reg and have done a compleat installation of windows and still can not install this video card. is this card bad, it will only display in 800x600 and 1024x768 with the windows drivers.can some one help me fix this.
billbab is offline   Reply With Quote
SPONSOR
Old 10th Nov 2007, 08:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Chai has a reputation beyond reputeChai has a reputation beyond reputeChai has a reputation beyond reputeChai has a reputation beyond reputeChai has a reputation beyond reputeChai has a reputation beyond reputeChai has a reputation beyond reputeChai has a reputation beyond reputeChai has a reputation beyond reputeChai has a reputation beyond reputeChai has a reputation beyond repute

What notebook are you using? Did you download drivers from the manufacturer's website?
Old 10th Nov 2007, 11:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Da Boss

Adrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond repute

What Windows are you using? Vista or XP?

And did you download and install the latest and correct drivers for the operating system?
Adrian Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2007, 01:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hyperactive

The_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant futureThe_YongGrand has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbab View Post
Need help with my video card. i have installed the drivers for my ati mobility radeon x600 and every time i get a black screen on boot. i have cleaned the reg and have done a compleat installation of windows and still can not install this video card. is this card bad, it will only display in 800x600 and 1024x768 with the windows drivers.can some one help me fix this.
there are drivers for the AGP system in the notebook. Try installing the notebook's mainboard drivers. What brand, and the chipset is your notebook using?

The_YongGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2007, 04:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

billbab is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a hp zd8060us and my os is windows xp pro.the motherboard is a Quanta 3082 version 36.31. were can i find the drivers for this motherboard.
billbab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2007, 05:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Da Boss

Adrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbab View Post
i have a hp zd8060us and my os is windows xp pro.the motherboard is a Quanta 3082 version 36.31. were can i find the drivers for this motherboard.
If you want to find the motherboard driver, you will have to look at the Quanta website.. or the HP website.

If you are looking for the ATI Mobility Radeon X600 driver, then it's simple. Go to ATI.AMD.com and click on the ATI Graphics Driver link. Once there, select the correct ATI Mobility Radeon model and you are on your way to downloading the latest driver.

Here, I've saved you the trouble and got you the final link - AMD GAME! Drivers and Utilities
Adrian Wong is offline   Reply With Quote