How to set up a Cyber cafe?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jack83, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Jack83

Jack83 Newbie

Hi,this is Jack. I would like to set up a cyber cafe in PJ area. May i know, is there any system intregator in Malaysia that can help me to set up the computer system?
    Another question is, what are the minumum requirement for the graphic card that i should use for the cyber cafe?
    Thanks a lot for the answer.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Why don't you approach one of the system integrators in Low Yat Plaza or PJ Digital Mall? Otherwise, I think there is only ComputerWar in SS2. :think:

As for the graphics card... it really depends on the kind of games you want to host. If it's something like Crysis or BioShock, then you definitely have to go for something like the new GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB or the GeForce 8800 GT.

Otherwise, cheaper DX9 cards like the GeForce 7950 GT would be a good choice... I would still recommend the two new GeForce 8800 GTS/GT cards though.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

For Cybercafe, definitely 8600GTS series, it's cheap and fast enough for most games normally played in CC.

4. Jack83

Jack83 Newbie

Thanks for the advice. If i want to save cost and go for 8400GS or HD2400Pro, what do you guys think?
    And normally for cyber cafe, use Nvidia is better or ATI?
    Thanks a lot for the advice and opinion.

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. What's your budget anyway?

6. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

depends on the price of the 8600GTS, if it's close to HD 3850 then I'd rather go HD 3850.

if not then a lowly 8600GT would be good. :)

8400GS? you got to be kidding.......
    goldfries ยป Albatron 8400GS Graphic Card Review

avoid it. 8500GT / 2600Pro would still a better option but PLEASE, NOT the 8400GS if you want the spent $$$ to last a little longer.

then again, you MUST know that the GC used will eventually draw crowd.

saying 8400GS as compared to 8800GT / HD3850 - not nice right?

then you need to consider your monitor size, I would say 17" standard ratio would give more framerates. :) 19" wide would be more appealing though but you get lesser framerates.