TM Streamyx Modem

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by ariyamusafir, Jun 3, 2006.

1. ariyamusafir

ariyamusafir Newbie

Hi!!! :)

You see, my gf hse uses a TM Streamyx modem which is not a router. Last time she has a four port router, connected to the modem after the cousin do some settings in which he had forgoten. Previously, they can have 3 coms accesing the internet without having to dial up.

After lightning strike, the modem and the router dies. They got a replacement for a new modem which I got for her a new 8 port router. Now, how to do the settings so that it can go back to normal again????

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Plug streamyx into modem, modem into router. Go into router, enable dchp, put in username and password. Set the LAN IP and the range (eg. 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.107), so that 8 PCs can be connected. Then plug all PCs into that 8-port router. On everything, the router should auto-give all PCs their IP and connect to each other. Hmm... if it doesn't, can set all of the PCs workgroup to be the same. This 'should' work and this is what I'll do and did. :)

If it doesn't, lol... set the IP for each PC manually. :mrgreen:

Then try to ping the router/gateway from each PC to see if it's connected. You'll have to configure your firewall too if you have it installed in your PC and also maybe need to disable the Windows firewall, it gave me alot of problem last time. :faint:

3. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

It will be easier if you can tell us wat router u bought

4. rosamundwo

rosamundwo Newbie

AFter lightning ah, u better check the network card izit damage already..

Last time, both router modem & network card damage.. have to foot out expenses.. sob sob