Tech ARP Forums

Go Back   Tech ARP Forums > Others > Lounge
Register
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Lounge Come in to the ARP lounge and chill out!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th Dec 2008, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hyperactive

Location: Perth, Kuala Lumpur, TechARP, The Internet & Bangkok.
ToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant futureToyotaFreak has a brilliant future
Default Scalar Energy Pendant. Are they a scam?

Question as per thread title.

My mother's friend tried to push this so called pendant to us.

I did a small amount of research on this and there seem to be a ratio of "It works" & "It's a scam" on blogs and forum threads.

Looking at it, I'm leaning towards the "It's a scam" side.

Now, I did try to research on the technical side of things, but I can't seem to find any solid proof (Need it to get my mother's friend out of this fantasy product.). Okay, to be honest, I don't have a medical, scientific or engineering background (Which explains it.).

Some of the links I went through.

Tell me by Michelle C: ...nothing but fallacy and in other words: Bullshit.
Zen Quantum Pendant
What is SCALAR ENERGY? Can scalar energy pendant & bracelet boost our energy, balance, focus & makes us calm? - Yahoo! Answers

My Facebook-> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=661728346
My iMeem-> http://www.imeem.com/people/hjAYrnW
TOCAU-> http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/
Kamei No Rifurijita (Forum dedicated to Eri Kamei. And it's in English!)-> http://www.everything-eririn.net/forum
ToyotaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
SPONSOR
Old 10th Dec 2008, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Little Kiki

Trinity has a reputation beyond reputeTrinity has a reputation beyond reputeTrinity has a reputation beyond reputeTrinity has a reputation beyond reputeTrinity has a reputation beyond reputeTrinity has a reputation beyond reputeTrinity has a reputation beyond reputeTrinity has a reputation beyond reputeTrinity has a reputation beyond reputeTrinity has a reputation beyond reputeTrinity has a reputation beyond repute

Waste of money imo.

Gold makes trin feel better.... Or better yet, cash!!!
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2008, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Active

lee_what2004 has much to be proud oflee_what2004 has much to be proud oflee_what2004 has much to be proud oflee_what2004 has much to be proud oflee_what2004 has much to be proud oflee_what2004 has much to be proud oflee_what2004 has much to be proud oflee_what2004 has much to be proud oflee_what2004 has much to be proud oflee_what2004 has much to be proud of

its just on the physchological side, only selling hope
lee_what2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2008, 04:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Da Boss

Adrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond repute

SCAM, period. If any of these stuff ever works, don't you think the doctors would be prescribing them, instead of drugs and surgery?

This is not the only crazy thing being sold to guillible people though.

How about alkaline water systems that turn "bad, acidic tap water" into "healthy alkaline PURE water"? Never mind the fact that pure water is NEUTRAL, drinking alkaline water for health is sheer stupidity.

What about magnetic bracelets that "improve blood circulation" by making the blood cells move faster. Some folks claim it's because red blood cells have haeme which is made partly from iron. However, they failed to mention that haeme (or heme) is NOT magnetic, so magnets have absolutely no effect on them. If they did, we wouldn't be able to use MRI machines because turning them on would have pulled all our blood OUT of our body. Imagine that...

There are many more scams out there. Before you buy anything like that, ask yourself - if it's really that effective, why do they need to sell it by TV, through multi-level marketing, etc?

For my preliminary test results of this scalar energy pendant, please see Where are the Scalar Pendant Results ?

Last edited by Adrian Wong : 27th Nov 2010 at 09:10 PM.
Adrian Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2008, 05:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Active

kayFX is a jewel in the roughkayFX is a jewel in the roughkayFX is a jewel in the rough

the doctor itself has spoken.. to me whatever pendant or bracelet it just an accessories.. for health related issues go to certified and qualified ppl.. if got headache go for drug rather wearing a bracelet or whatever pendant.. err.. don't do drug.. what i mean by drug is drug for medication..
Old 2nd Apr 2009, 03:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

conxtion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It actually works

I was also of the same opinion - that it is a scam.

But ...

One day, a friend of mine who tunes high performance cars (I mean BMW and above) for a living, had a customer who showed him this pendant. My friend attached his equipment to the customer's car and tested the power output. The customer then put the pendant on the engine, and my friend re-tested the power output. The testing equipment actually registered a noticeable increase in power. The customer was very happy and paid my friend extra for the two test charts.

So, it's not a scam, just something that science has no answer for at the moment. Just like the common cold is not a scam, just that medical science has no answer for it at the moment.

Keep your mind open. A closed mind is dangerous.
conxtion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2009, 09:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Da Boss

Adrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond reputeAdrian Wong has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! I really have no idea what to say... other than I hope your friend was smart enough to pitch the idea of using scalar energy pendants to improve engine power to his customers and car manufacturers.
Old 4th Apr 2009, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hold me back! I can't stop posting!!!

Brian has a spectacular aura aboutBrian has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by conxtion View Post
I was also of the same opinion - that it is a scam.

But ...

One day, a friend of mine who tunes high performance cars (I mean BMW and above) for a living, had a customer who showed him this pendant. My friend attached his equipment to the customer's car and tested the power output. The customer then put the pendant on the engine, and my friend re-tested the power output. The testing equipment actually registered a noticeable increase in power. The customer was very happy and paid my friend extra for the two test charts.

So, it's not a scam, just something that science has no answer for at the moment. Just like the common cold is not a scam, just that medical science has no answer for it at the moment.

Keep your mind open. A closed mind is dangerous.
Except that experiments purported to show the existence of this scalar field, and any effect beyond what classical electromagnetism has predicted, have returned a null result.

And I also had a friend who worked in the company hawking that crap, and his conclusion: it's a fake thing, and they're just selling you the placebo effect to make you feel better, and with placebos, the higher the price, the better you feel about it.
radeon hd2600xt
dell 2407fpw-hc
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2009, 01:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

conxtion is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking You Tube etc

Hmm, how would you explain all those You Tube videos on the enhanced physical stability of those (also disbelieving) people who wore the pendant for the first time?

Placebo effect could be a powerful influence, of course.

"Experiments purported to show the existence .. have returned a null result." Perhaps science has much to catch up on? Certainly, human knowledge is still at a very low level. We're not even able to put a man in space further than the moon. Medically, there are so many "incurable" diseases, according to Western medical knowledge. Yet, there are many "faith healers" who have performed "miracle" healings. Placebo effect or just deficient human knowledge? You decide. But perhaps, before you even decide, do the scientific thing and go observe a "faith healing" session.

Cetainly, qigong and yoga have helped me to stay healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Except that experiments purported to show the existence of this scalar field, and any effect beyond what classical electromagnetism has predicted, have returned a null result.

And I also had a friend who worked in the company hawking that crap, and his conclusion: it's a fake thing, and they're just selling you the placebo effect to make you feel better, and with placebos, the higher the price, the better you feel about it.
conxtion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2009, 09:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Da Boss

That's the placebo effect. I've seen it myself only a few weeks ago.

An aunt bought an expensive device that claims to rid her house of pesky mosquitoes using ultrasound and electromagnetic waves. Right after she started using it, she claimed her house was mosquito-free.

Never mind the fact that I was bitten just minutes earlier, and my wife was busy beating away the many squadrons of mosquitoes descending on us like the Japs at Pearl Harbour!

I went back to research the device and found that even the US Army examined such devices because they would be extremely useful in the hot jungles of Asia. Guess what they found - NONE OF THEM WORKED!

But my aunt still insists it works... I guess the bugs biting her are a new species. Definitely not mosquitoes as far as she can tell.