Money Savers!

Discussion in 'News' started by Dashken, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  2. rebelsoul76

rebelsoul76 Newbie

are these offers for international customers, including Malaysia?

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yes, they are. :mrgreen:

4. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

I feel sorry for you guys, not having NewEgg and such. :dance:

5. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Could you please remove the expired offers from the page?

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Updated! :wave:

7. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Please tell me that wasn't an ad. You're not having ad threads now too are you ? not that I mind or anything, but .. ads on the side, ads on the top, ads in the posts (those silly yellow pop-up things) and now an ad thread ? I mean, isn't that just a little much ? :)

Do you actually need that much money to run this website ?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  8. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Don't be. Newegg or not, our stuff are still cheaper :)

9. Adrian Wong

Ad threads? This is the Money Saver's thread. :roll:

Ads everywhere, huh? Well, in the first place, you won't even see most of them because you are Malaysian. So, no, it's not too much at all. :roll:

Yes, it does. We run our own server and like I mentioned before, we BUY original software. :roll:

10. wodenus

wodenus Banned

But so does LYN.. and there's not that many ads there. Not that I'm complaining, mind, just curious :)

11. Adrian Wong

I have no idea how much LYN makes from their ads. But, LYN ads are not geographically targeted. So, all their ads "pay".

ARP ads, on the other hand, "pay" only when visitors from certain countries (mostly the US) view or click them. Otherwise, we don't get paid.

And unlike LYN, we are not hosted locally. We chose nothing but the best for the ARP community. You can find out more about our hosting details here - http://www.rojakpot.com/show.aspx?fileID=11

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That is not true. Many of the items over there are cheaper than here, and they have way more choices than we do.

13. wodenus

wodenus Banned

A whole lot more things are more expensive too :) I suppose they do have a little more choice.. but I don't suppose it's that much more :)

14. wodenus

wodenus Banned

I believe they're charging RM150/mo. That's what the ad says I think. Yes all their ads pay.. why can't you guys do that ?

I dunno.. I still think you're paying too much.. why not host locally ?

15. Adrian Wong

Actually, that is not true. Just ask PsYkHoTiK or AAY. :mrgreen:

Computer parts are generally both cheaper and more plentiful in the US.

In fact, we organized two bulk purchases in the past because what we want cannot be purchased here or is way too expensive.

16. Adrian Wong

Without going into details, their scheme just won't work for us.

Simple, because we are an international site. ;)

To properly serve the entire world, we settled for a dedicated server in the US.

17. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Ah.

I don't know how location would make a big difference where international sites are concerned. But I think I get it now. You _want_ to pay that kind of money. And to get that kind of money you have to run this kind of ads :)

18. Adrian Wong

It does make a difference. ;)

In fact, we originally intended to host locally. But one of our visitors who actually runs a local hosting company advised us to get a US-based host instead.

Without resorting to bashing the local hosting companies, let's just say that a US-based server allows us to serve everyone around the world with minimal latency and the best performance possible.

Hosting locally is only suitable if the website is dedicated to local visitors, like LYN. They cater almost exclusively to Malaysians. Therefore, getting hosted locally is the smart choice.

But if you think otherwise, that's your perogative. Incidentally, please get back to topic. :mrgreen:

19. Adrian Wong

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Palm Store 48 Hour Super Sale!

This Friday through Saturday at midnight only, palmOne celebrates Thanksgiving offering handhelds GREAT offers and prices!

[​IMG]

There's no better time to look for discounts and special offers than now! [​IMG]