Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS)

Discussion in 'News' started by aKho, Nov 17, 2005.

1. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

source : http://www.allaboutvision.com/cvs/faqs.htm

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I have NEVER had these problems... I spend all of my day infront of my PC. I have poor lighting in my room... I have perfect eye sight, I can see very well in the dark. I don't get headaches coz of it. No blurred vision or tired eyes what so ever. :beer:

3. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Same here, although my room has decent lighting. No symptoms of RSI or any other problem related to long-term PC usage either.

4. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Been suffering this for a long time now....... :faint: :faint: :faint:

5. Jet

Jet Just Started

My neck and shoulder pains a lot.. :wall: :faint:

6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i strained my eyes looking at CRT monitors :roll:

7. wilfred

wilfred wilfblog.blogspot.com

die die... anyone know any optician that heard/specializes in this in the klang valley?

8. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

One may be able to mitigate the risk of CVS by adhering to the "20-20-20 rule": every 20 minutes, focus the eyes on an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds. (wikipedia) :think:

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, I think it's best to just take regular short breaks, than rely on glasses, etc.

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Weaklings!!!!! :haha:

I focus on who's head I awp all the time... :mrgreen:

Joking.... :faint:

11. zy

i dont beleive in glasses :p

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Me too. :mrgreen:

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I suffer very badly. My eye sight has deteriorated badly, espeically loss of focus and double vision. There's nothing much I can do because staring at the screen is my job, and I can't just take breaks as I wished... :shifty: It gets even worse when you have to stare at bad monitors for a long time (because they are often slow judging byt the age of the monitor).

14. zy

bring your own monitor :haha: i would do that if i'm desperate..
    i prefer LCD now .. :p .. i think i should wear sunglasses while looking @ monitors :haha: .. idont need bright screens :p

15. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Lcd, crt??? What is worst? :think:

16. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Er...I stare up to hundred of different monitors a day... :shifty:

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Since working in this company, my eyes have been blinking badly. Especially the left one... it's as if I'm winking to people all the time. :haha:

18. Mike AC Ryan

Mike AC Ryan Newbie

Damn..i hope u dont walk out the office with that blinky eye....;)

Make sure you take our own screen with you, buy your own screen, ask your boss for a good screen. I think you can get your boss to get yourself a nice and *new* screen (not those old 468 screens >.<)..

I myself am working on a Dell laptop (15.4" on 1920*1600 resolution) and its pretty sweet... Just that the letters are so damn small im halfway in my screen..haha.

At home my hobby kinda is on the computer too - so again; make sure you have good good good good good screens! And definately take breaks from time to time.. :-/

Just my two cents :))

Cheers,

Mike
    www.acryan.com

19. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

Burning eyes... I experience them a lot lately... spend an average of.. maybe 5 hours on the screen, half of the time doing word processing? :think: I am supposed to wear glasses but hate to wear them, :p.

CVS is not a big problem, right???