Nvidia GeForce 9800 GX2 Benchmark & Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by ChampionLLY, Mar 4, 2008.

1. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

Read more here: www.LLY.get.to: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GX2 Benchmark & Review

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

This is a very disappointing results. The power consumption is going to be much higher than Ultra, but the performance is nothing to shout about.

3. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

I agree that power consumption is a problem.

I guess we gotta wait for improved drivers & more benchmarks to see the whole picture.

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

too early to make judgement. IMO, this is driver issue.

I noticed the SLI scalability on DX9 using the recent 169 (and later) forceware is very poor. something is broken in the driver. most likely NV focused all their attention on extracting DX10 performance. on my tri SLI testbed, DX10 scales better than DX9.

DX10 scaling is actually very good. I hit 1.8x on dual card, and 2.5x on tri setup.

5. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I don't think waiting on drivers is going to help we have been waiting for years for NV to fix the SLI issues they have with existing cards.

Does the term "When Hell Freezes Over" ring a bell ?

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

focusing their effort on DX10 isn't exactly a bad idea.
    after all, if i were to spend 2K on a graphis system, I wouldn't care about how good my pair of graphics could do in DX9 scaling. I want superb DX10 performance.

there are always technical limitations and there will always be driver issues. intel matrix, forceware, catalyst, creative, logitech..etc

if we want cutting edge stuff, we just have to live with the fact that there is no perfect driver.