ViewSonic Launches World’s First Dual-SIM Android Froyo SmartPhone

Discussion in 'News' started by Adrian Wong, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Mobile World Congress 2011, Barcelona, 15 February 2011 – ViewSonic® Corp., a global provider of computing, consumer electronics and communications solutions, showcased the world’s first new Dual-SIM Android Froyo Smartphone, V350 at Mobile World Congress (2B77 Hall 2) on 14 February 2011.

The V350 Smartphone, with 3.5 inch display is an active Dual-SIM device running the Android 2.2 Froyo operating system, enabling the use of two network services at the same time. Its Dual-SIM capability is ideal for businesses wishing to provide staff with a mobile device that can offer separate numbers and bills for both personal and business use.

Other than the V350 Smartphone, ViewPad 4 with Android Gingerbread OS was also one of the highlights at the show. ViewSonic have further enhanced the ViewPad 4 with the brand new ViewScene UI, that makes use of the GPS to adapt the home screen to the apps you may want to have better access to. For example social networking updates for in your home location to productivity apps for in the workplace.

Last but not least, ViewPad 10Pro was showcased at the congress, a 10” commercial tablet PC with dual boot functionality, offering a quick switch capability between Windows® 7 for business use and Google Android 2.2 for personal and social entertainment.

2. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

more dual sim card on the rise but can they be both be active at the same time ?

3. mathew7

mathew7 Newbie

If they are using the same carrier, then yes, both active. But if they are different providers, then I am curious also, because it would probably have higher consumption (if the answer is yes).

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I don't think this one has dual-radios, so you will have to switch from one SIM card to another. I could be wrong though...