|26th Apr 2012, 11:22 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: 10 Oct 2002
Location: In front of my ASUS F8V notebook!
Rep Power: 97
WD Ships New 7 mm 2.5-inch Mobile Hard Drive For Ultrabook Devices
26 April 2012 –Western Digital® (NYSE: WDC), a worldwide storage leader, today announced it is shipping the WD Scorpio® Blue™ 7 mm hard drive, the latest addition to its mobile hard drive family and the 2.5-inch drive with the lowest power consumption on the market today.
Specified to a best-in-class 400Gs shock tolerance, the new single-platter WD Scorpio Blue small form factor hard drives are available in 500 GB and 320 GB capacities and the drives’ compatibility with industry-standard 9.5 mm slots make them ideal storage options for mainstream notebooks as well as slimmer notebook and Ultrabook™ devices that require a 7 mm drive height.
“Consumers want thin and light personal computers, but the limited storage capacity of SSD-based notebooks forces them to pick and choose what files to bring from their library,” said Matt Rutledge, vice president and general manager for WD client storage products. “With the release of the new WD Scorpio Blue 7 mm mobile hard drives, WD is able to offer capacity, reliability and data-protection features combined with excellent power management all in a slim form factor perfect for thin and light notebooks.”
Features of the new WD Scorpio Blue 7 mm hard drives include:
• Low power consumption - Advanced power management features and algorithms optimize the way the drive seeks data, which significantly improves power consumption.
• Shock Tolerance – WD’s ShockGuard™ technology, now increased to a best-in-market 400Gs shock specification, protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks.
• Cool and quiet - In a notebook drive, silence is golden. WD’s exclusive WhisperDrive™ technology enables quiet performance.
• Reliable – WD’s SecurePark™ parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear, and improved non-operational shock tolerance.
• Compatibility Tested - WD performs tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in its FIT Lab™ and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give customers confidence that drives will work in specific systems.
Price and Availability
Shipping now through distributors, such as Achieva Technology Sdn Bhd, Amble Action Sdn Bhd, Eternal Asia (M) Sdn Bhd and EZY Infotech (M) Sdn Bhd, and select resellers in Malaysia, the WD Scorpio Blue 7 mm 2.5-inch mobile hard drives are covered by a two-year limited warranty. MSRP for the 500 GB, model #: WD5000LPVT is RM 309.99 (US$ 99.99) and the 320 GB, model #: WD3200LPVT is RM 249.99 (US$ 79.99).
Dr. Adrian Wong
Tech ARP | Blog @ Tech ARP | The Free Trade Zone
DYKT : The only offshore account I have is at the sand bank?
My blog posts :
- The fuss over Genetically Modified food
- It's been a really bad day...
- Dreambuilders - The 4Life Riovida MLM Scam
- Murder From The Grave
- Cancer-free water?
- Alkaline Water Filter - Fact or Crap?
- Live Blood Analysis (LBA) - Junk Science!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WD Ships First 2 TB Portable Hard Disk Drive With The Next-Gen My Passport||Adrian Wong||News||0||7th Apr 2012 02:54 AM|
|WD Ships its 3rd Generation WD S25 SAS Enterprise Hard Drive||Adrian Wong||News||0||13th Mar 2012 11:14 PM|
|NEW 12GB 1-INCH HARD DRIVE FROM SEAGATE ENABLES MORE AUDIO AND VIDEO IN MOBILE DEVICE||Dashken||News||0||19th Feb 2006 03:05 AM|
|MPIO CHOOSES SEAGATE’S 8GB 1-INCH HARD DISC DRIVE FOR ITS NEW AUDIO PLAYER!||Dashken||News||0||14th Jan 2006 10:24 PM|
|SEAGATE LEADS 1-INCH HARD DISC DRIVE MARKET WITH CYBERCAPTURE TECHNOLOGY!||Dashken||News||0||12th Dec 2005 10:37 PM|