|14th Sep 2012, 11:57 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: 10 Oct 2002
Location: In front of my ASUS F8V notebook!
Rep Power: 93
Microsoft Announces New Mice and Keyboards Designed for Windows 8
13 September 2012 — For the past 30 years, Microsoft Corp. has introduced hardware that helps people interact better and more easily with Windows. Today, Microsoft Hardware continues the tradition with the introduction of new products that work beautifully with Windows 8.
Beginning with the introduction of the Microsoft Mouse, the Microsoft Hardware Group has designed its hardware to specifically light up features in Windows. Optimized for Windows 8, Microsoft’s new lineup of mice and keyboards are loaded with features including Bluetooth connectivity, BlueTrack Technology for tracking on virtually any surface,* and specific functionality that gives customers a fast and fluid way to navigate in their world with Windows 8. The hardware is designed by Microsoft and optimized for Windows desktop, laptop and tablet so users can have the best computing experience for any lifestyle.
“The newly launched Microsoft Hardware devices are designed to be “better together” with Windows 8. Microsoft understands the needs of today’s fast paced society and as such, has combined mobility, practicality, comfort and style into its latest Hardware range. From desktop and notebook to ultrabook and tablet PCs, Microsoft’s newest accessories are the perfect companion for Windows,” said Sunny Ooi, Consumer Channels Group Director, Microsoft Malaysia.
Microsoft also emphasized that the launch of these newly integrated software was a calculated move, not only in celebrating the impending launch of Windows 8, but also to celebrate its presence in Malaysia for the past 20 years.
“In conjunction with Windows 8 and Microsoft Malaysia’s 20th Anniversary, a promotion offering 30 percent off the retail price of these Hardware devices will be offered. It is part of Microsoft’s commitment to inspire digital lifestyles and transform the way Malaysians improve their lives through technology experiences,” added Ooi.
All products will be available at major retailers from October 2012 onwards.
Wedge Touch Mouse
Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse packs full functionality into an ultracompact frame that’s great for a mobile lifestyle. Small enough to fit in your pocket, the Wedge Touch Mouse is designed to complement your Windows experience in all its forms, providing four-way touch scrolling and navigation at your fingertips.
• Its artful and minimalist design also comes free of cables or USB transceivers — you simply turn it on and connect it to your Bluetooth-enabled laptop or tablet for a clutter-free experience.
• It features BlueTrack Technology so you can use it on virtually any surface, whether you’re in a conference room, a coffee shop or at home on your couch.*
• It includes Backpack Mode to power down and sleep along with the computer it’s paired to, extending battery life.
• Pricing: estimated retail price of RM219.00
Wedge Mobile Keyboard
The new ultraslim Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard brings full-size keyboard comfort, efficiency and speed to a tablet. Designed specifically for tablet users, Wedge Mobile Keyboard includes some of the most commonly used features, such as Windows Hot Keys and built-in media keys.
• The lightweight design makes it easy to carry, and its full-sized keyset provides a comfortable experience that makes typing a breeze.
• Its durable cover not only helps protect your keyboard from scratches but also quickly converts into a tablet stand. When you’re done using it, simply snap the cover back on the keyboard to power it down before you stash it in your bag.
• Bluetooth technology lets you wirelessly connect to your tablet without a cable or transceiver.
• Pricing: estimated retail price of RM249.00
Sculpt Touch Mouse
Designed to provide comfort matched with portability, the Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse is a great solution for smooth and easy navigation with a Windows 8-based PC.
• With a four-way touch scroll strip, you can breeze up and down, left and right, and through applications and documents with a simple finger swipe, making it great for navigating the Windows 8 Start screen.
• Sculpt Touch Mouse uses Bluetooth technology, so you can wirelessly connect to your tablet without a cable or transceiver.
• Pricing: estimated retail price of RM159.00
Sculpt Comfort Keyboard
The Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard features a ground-breaking split spacebar with configurable backspace functionality, the newest Microsoft keyboard to sport the Contour Curve design.
• It is ergonomic, and the Contour Curve design creates a natural arc that promotes a comfortable, natural wrist position and puts keys within easy reach.
• Palm lift helps to straighten and support the wrists.
• Split spacebar with configurable backspace functionality is designed to improve typing efficiency.
• Equipped with Windows 8 hotkeys to provide convenient access to commonly used functions, which allows you to quickly search, access device settings and share with the tap of a finger.
• Pricing: estimated retail price of RM189.
Updated Gesture Settings for Windows 8
Also available in the market is the Microsoft Touch Mouse, which features a large touch-sensitive surface that responds to one-, two-, and three-fingered gestures that are optimized for PC use. In preparation for Windows 8 impending launch, the Microsoft Touch Mouse will obtain updated functionality specifically designed for Windows 8 with new gesture settings to easily navigate the new UI.
• One-finger swipes allow customers to move naturally and intuitively side to side or up and down, shifting content on screen.
• Two-finger movements manage apps, switch through open apps and show app commands.
• Three fingers allow customers to zoom in and out.
• Thumb gestures navigate backward and forward within apps.
• Pricing: estimated retail price of RM269.00
* BlueTrack Technology does not work on clear glass or mirrored surfaces.
Dr. Adrian Wong
Tech ARP | Blog @ Tech ARP | The Free Trade Zone
DYKT : The only offshore account I have is at the sand bank?
My blog posts :
- The fuss over Genetically Modified food
- It's been a really bad day...
- Dreambuilders - The 4Life Riovida MLM Scam
- Murder From The Grave
- Cancer-free water?
- Alkaline Water Filter - Fact or Crap?
- Live Blood Analysis (LBA) - Junk Science!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Corsair Announces New Vengeance Gaming Keyboards and Laser Gaming Mice||Adrian Wong||News||0||16th Sep 2011 09:56 PM|
|Microsoft: Say Goodbye to Laser Mice and Hello to Blue||Dashken||News||13||9th Oct 2008 03:14 PM|
|ED#47 : Dead LAN & Frozen Mice In Windows Vista||Dashken||Reviews & Articles||4||25th Jun 2007 11:00 PM|
|ATI announces it's ready for Microsoft Windows Vista with latest Catalyst® drivers||strawroot||News||0||8th Sep 2006 02:31 PM|
|New Microsoft mice!||Chai||General Hardware||27||1st Sep 2006 11:08 AM|