Razer to Hand Out Nabu X Units to Mobile Developers at GDC

Discussion in 'News' started by Adrian Wong, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

SAN FRANCISCO (GDC 2015) - Razer™, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, today announced it will give Razer Nabu X smartbands at no-charge (MSRP: $49.99) to developers who visit its GDC booth during expo hours from March 4 to March 6.

Interested developers will need to provide proof of an app they have developed or are developing on the iOS or Android platform to be eligible to receive a Nabu X. Alternately, interested parties, and those not attending GDC, may apply for entry in the Nabu Developer Program to be considered for a Nabu X unit.*

[​IMG]

“Since its launch last year, the Nabu Developer Program has grown significantly,” says Jun Shen Chia, Razer product marketing manager. “We have an evolved SDK, comprehensive guidelines to help programmers get started quickly, and an open communication channel to our Development Relations team at Razer. We’re looking forward to meeting developers in-person at the (GDC) show and get them rolling on connecting great apps with our award-winning hardware.”

*Free Nabu X units subject to availability and at Razer’s sole discretion. Supply is limited. If stock runs out at GDC, qualified developers will have their units shipped to them after the event.

2. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

smart wrist/watch on the rise!

3. Adrian Wong

Everyone have fired their salvoes... Now just waiting to see what happens when the Apple Watch debuts... :D

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Why can't someone make a decent exercise band with proper heart rate monitor, pedometer, GPS that integrates with a phone app?

The closest that I could find was Runtastic app with heartrate monitor app.

5. Adrian Wong

Battery life will be a problem if a GPS chip is included...

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Doesn't matter. Even the current BT heart rate monitor doesn't have long battery life. But as long as it can last my exercise regime per day, it is more than sufficient.

GPS is not so important since you can use your phone for that. Many sports watches already have GPS capabilities so I would think it is logical to include in the watch itself.

It doesn't really need to have a display, something like Mi Band but with more capabilities.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  7. Adrian Wong

Wearables should be using "Bluetooth low energy" which cuts power consumption from 1 W to anywhere between 0.1 - 0.5 W.

BTW, it looks like I was wrong... the GPS chip doesn't actually take up a lot of power - about 0.1 W. It's really the AGPS feature used in smartphones that sucks up a lot of power... :think: