WeChat Malaysia Rewards Local Users with Brand New WeReward Campaign

Discussion in 'News' started by Adrian Wong, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

MALAYSIA, 25 March 2015 – WeChat, the world’s fastest growing social application is launching its WeReward campaign for the first time in Malaysia. The campaign will be running from 25 March to 25 April, where WeChat Malaysia will be collaborating with local brands such as Huawei, Chatime, Grabtaxi, MCash and Zalora. The aim of the campaign is to reward loyal fans that uses the application with WeChat points, which can be used to redeem vouchers for products and services from participating brands.

[​IMG]

WeChat users in Malaysia are required to make a video or voice call of at least 60 seconds a day to earn 3 WeChat points, the most points that they can earn a day. The reward points can be accumulated where it can be used to redeem a list of vouchers from the list below:

Huawei
    • Power bank: Get 1 unit of Ultra-Thin Power-Bank (4,800mAh) (any color) with every Honor 6 purchase. (50,000 units)
    • RM30 Cash voucher: Enjoy RM30 rebate with any purchase of Honor devices (not including accessories) at Vmall.my. (300,000 vouchers)

Chatime
    • Purchase any Chatime Cendol-Latea at 15% discount. (Unlimited)

MCash
    • Receive a 10% discount code to purchase mobile phone, PC accessories, anime merchandise, toys or fashion items! (Unlimited)

Grabtaxi
    • Receive a promo code to get RM10 off your next 3 MyTeksi rides. (Unlimited)

Zalora
    • Enjoy RM50 off storewide with a minimum spend of RM75. (200,000 vouchers)

“WeChat Malaysia has one of the largest user base in the Southeast Asia region, and we are constantly seeking ways to engage our active users in Malaysia. We continue to find ways to enrich content and activities with WeChat in the nation and the launch of the WeReward campaign is a showcase of our effort in this area,” said Louis Song, Country Manager, WeChat Malaysia.

To check your WeChat Points balance, enter the WeReward My Balance page to view the remaining points and the available vouchers to redeem. Users can also access the My Vouchers Page to view the available vouchers that they have.

2. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

I tried but didnt get any points...

3. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Maybe the points do not get awarded immediately? :think:

4. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

nope still no point

5. Adrian Wong

You should email them, or better still, ask them on Facebook... :think:

6. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

I got the points. you have to actually make a video or voice CALL chat.
    keyword here is CALL.

There is a new instruction given by wechat from the app itself.
    cheers

7. Adrian Wong

Oh yes, you have to make a CALL. It's also stated in the press release above. :mrgreen: