Samsung D900!

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by aKho, Aug 12, 2006.

1. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

How much is this going for in Kuala Lumpur? Over here it's around RM1,600+ (FMG warranty). Wondering if I should wait to get in it in KL instead since I'm dropping by end of the month. :whistle:

[​IMG]

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Fuyoh.... LICH!

3. aKho

haiya, no one know KL price? :faint:
    nevermind la.. can't wait liaw.. :drool:

4. aKho

SGH-D900 review

got it. :whistle:

comparing with my previous Motorola E680 (smartphone), this new Samsung SGH-D900 is a big let down. :evil:

CON :

1. Slow!
    Since the smartphone was running on a processor, i should have expected this on D900 but didn't realise it-is-so-slow! Transfering files to and from PC or between the phone and the microSD is like turtle, not so with the smartphone.

2. PixelViewer SUCKS!
    Damn advertising saying that it can view PDF files. Uh yeah, maybe the first 5 pages only of a 20MB pdf file. GRRR!

3. 3 MegaPixel kiss my A$$!!
    Well it can't ever compare to a digital camera...Also, what irks me is that to activate the camera i have to push the camera button TWICE! (once to get into the camera menu, and 2nd time to load the camera). Smartphone one push and good to go!

4. Wallpaper obstructed!
    A full screen wallpaper will always have the floating DATE / TIME / MENU / CONTACTS / SIGNAL / BATTERY LIFE etc over it. Damn the smartphone could hide all this easily.

5. 3D Sound?
    mp3 doesn't sound as good as on the smartphone. Activating the 3D sound makes it worst as it gets "atmospheric" if you know what i mean.

6. Font Size small is medium.
    I'm the type who likes to set Fonts to MINIMUM on any phone I use. The Fonts at smallest on the smartphone is very eye pleasing. The Fonts at smallest for this D900 looks more like medium. Even old lady can still read...

7. No support for real media or full screen playback.
    D900 can't play full screen videos and only support mp4 and agp. Why can't it full screen? Make use of the 320x240 le!!! What a waste...

I'm sure there are more CONS which i will come across as time goes by... :evil:

PRO :

1. 12.9mm OH-SO-SLIM!
    Samsung phones has gone on a diet and it really shows!

2. 3 MegaPixel okay lar...
    Much better than my 0.3MP smartphone.

3. Light and uh..Flash.
    The phone is very light, pocketable and easy to carry around. It also comes with built-in flash. The smartphone is like a brick. No flash for dark nights (not that it matters anyway, pictures still sucks taken at night for both phones).

4. Mp3 on the go!
    You can now play mp3's and let them run in the background.

5. No more shutter sound.
    Yep, you can shut off any and all sound from this phone. Makes taking leng loi pictures much easier... :wicked:

Okay, as you can see from above, I'm pretty much not satisfied with this phone. My smartphone is still the best. If only they make it less bulky and improve the camera.

Maybe next year... :snooty:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I thought my K750 wasn't very refined, looks like Samsung continues to disappoint! :haha:

6. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Wow LICH! :faint: How much did you spend for this phone?

7. aKho

i got it for RM1,595. :evil:

1 person likes this.
  8. peaz

That's why i stayed away from a Samsung!!! Well, the screen of the W810i isn't as great as the Samsung's 320x240..but it matches most of the features here. As for 3MP on a super tiny CMOS sensor... urm.... I won't go there la. Even 2MP also overkill.. i usually only use 640x480 terus. LMAO

I think if you don't need it being so slim, you could actually consider the W810i or the K800... seriously. Seems like it has much better performance and features.. at about the same price.

9. Chai

My K750 is very good at 2MP, when the lighting is very good. Outdoor especially.

I can't say SE matches most of the features required by him, like the font size. How I wish I can have a bit more customization on my phone.

10. peaz

True.. but well, the font size in SE isn't too bad. At least the interface is well done and don't have too many things all over the screen. Seriously... Samsux is really bad there.

Ah.. I think the camera on the W810i and the K750i is the same. in good lighting it's quite ok.. but still, you can just see the plastic lens effect.... super soft at the borders... Sigh. LMAO...

11. Chai

Fonts are too big IMO. Such high res display it should display more lines than most older phones, but it does not. That was my first impression when I got the phone.

Unless SE can improve on their phones, I doubt I will get another SE.

12. sniper msia

sniper msia Newbie

The D900 camera is leaps and bounds over the K800i.

'Nuff said.