1malaysia pad

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by ZuePhok, May 28, 2012.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Maltechpro

the product maker's site. pre-ordering via email...

I need a big paper bag..

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:lol: What's next?

1Malaysia Cellphone
    1Malaysia TV
    1Malaysia Computer
    1Malaysia Underwear.

:lol:

Najib is really stamping 1Malaysia everywhere.

In the end of the day, I think Malaysia should change it's name to 1Malaysia :lol:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Exactly, when I saw it on Engadget, it was a facepalm moment. And their comment was "not a good deal" lol!

You can get an old iPad for not much more than that...

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

1MY Messenger inside the tablet????? I don't know what to say about that too... :wall:

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

If the resolution is like 800x480 again, guaranteed import from China and added the 1Malaysia stamp... I hate them... :(

7. The_YongGrand

What do you think? We all know the answer, right? :whistle:

8. Chai

I saw RM888 Toshiba 1280x800 Tegra 2. Guess which one I would buy?

9. The_YongGrand

What's the model? Is it the 7" one? :)

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Big bezels are in "style" right?

Oh wait.

Thank god we don't have a "national" tablet LOLOLOL...

11. Chai

Yup.

This is probably some low cost made in China model, and increase the price to "con" us.

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

There are online stores selling the ePad - an Android 2.2 tablet with "7 inch touch screen + WIFI + 3G capability" for just US$ 79.99. That's ~RM 249 and that's after the manufacturer AND the online stores have made their profit.

If you contract the manufacturer to make a few thousand units, they will not only give you a much cheaper price per unit, they will even stamp your logo (e.g. the 1Malaysia logo) FOC!

That gives this Malaysian company a pure profit margin of at least 300%.. and they call it CHEAP???? :nuts:

13. The_YongGrand

I even seen cheap tablets sold in Carrefour for the price of RM400! They are equipped with single-cores, plus an Android 2.2 only. I do not know about the performance though. :whistle:

The RM999 price of that 1MY tablet is a very questionable one.

14. The_YongGrand

Wait, I guess you can buy an Ipad2 (last time I've seen them in the Apple webstore) for RM1,199. Just cough up RM200 more and you'll get a tablet MILES (or a few more light years) better than the uh... relabelled versions of ePad? :think: :D

15. Adrian Wong

EXACTLY! This is a no-brainer... But I'll bet our government will end up buying a ton of these 1Malaysia Pads to give to school children. Basically, siphoning out our tax dollars via this company.

16. The_YongGrand

I tried one of those cheap tablets (sub RM600) in Tesco this morning.

One of the 7" (cheapest) was broken, the display is garbled. I skipped that one. Then the 10" one. RM600 something. It is good until when I tried to touch the button on the screen, it is irresponsive!

I touched and touched. And I pressed hard. It didn't budge. I almost cracked the damn thing if I pressed even harder.

If those uh... 1MY tablets are based on that, sorry, it is too sloppy for everyone's good. No one's going to like using a clunky touch screen and a potential candidate for the next garbled screen output.:faint:

17. Adrian Wong

That's what you get when you buy cheap stuff! :D

As they say, "Good things no cheap, cheap things no good!" :haha: :haha:

18. The_YongGrand

Luckily I didn't buy it. I want nothing to do with these things. Very notorious.

My Asus Transformers works very nice and almost perfect. But for a cheaper price, I'd say that the iPad2 works pretty cool too.

Another story, many years back, I bought a cheap media player from Carrefour for the recording of some of my fave comedies on TV (some of those cheap media players double as recording devices). Guess what? It was horrible. The interface was clunky. The sound is muffled. Worse still, I can't connect to the TV because the manual is written in broken English! I refunded it the next day. I almost took my hammer to it, but I'd rather the refund.:faint: