Timelapse

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PsYkHoTiK, Feb 11, 2016.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

So I've been messing around with my GoPro Hero4 Black that I picked up recently. And one of the modes is "Timelapse Video" in which it takes pics at a specific interval and stitches it to a 60FPS video.

Here's a very poor edit that I made (was late and was getting sleepy).

In my old first gen GoPro HD, I had to take pics and use software to stitch it together (I have them up on fb, will need to dig up links to share.

Anyone else make any?

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I have recently bought a new Action Cam as well, I got the Sony FDR-X1000V instead of the norm... :haha:

This is my first time lapse mounted on my bike. Still experimenting on the settings. But stupidly, this 4K cam video can't record image at 4K resolution... :wall:

3. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I think you need an SD card that's sufficiently specced (and recognized by the cam) in order to fully support 4K?

4. Chai

Nope, it's a Sony Action Cam limitation. All Sony action cam from the first generation till now only records 2MP in time lapse mode regardless of the sensor size or the card, except the latest unreleased AS50 which is capable of 4K time lapse.

I was able to shoot 4K video 30fps at 100Mbps mode which is the highest quality mode using Sandisk Extreme UHS3 64GB SDXC card. The only way to create 4K time lapse is probably shooting video and convert to time lapse. :faint:

5. Chai

Interesting. I found a workaround to shoot time lapse at 4K. I need to use a third party Android app (Sony Time Lapse), remote connect to camera via Wifi, use normal shooting mode and trigger interval shots, but the camera is not fast enough to handle 1 second per shot. The fastest it can handle is 2 second per shot.