Let me tell you a story about RMA a gpu

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by PowerSlide, Jun 30, 2016.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

May last month my sapphire R9 280X decide to artifact so with warranty until June 13th this month i send back to the shop i bought from. Lucky for me with a month left i can still RMA it.

Fast forward to yesterday when i got news that the distributor can't replace my card because sapphire dont make anymore, understandable as R9 280X is quite old now. Here starts the absurd and ridiculous that i never even faced before years of buying pc hardware.

The distributor say they can only compensate me RM100 because my card is out of manufacturer warranty and sapphire only compensate them RM100, so they give me the RM100 given by sapphire.

or

Top up RM1050 for the new RX480(retail RM1299) that just launch because they ran out of stock for R9 380 and 380X

At this point i'm like WHOA!!! RM100!!! or i need to top up until RM1050 for the new card, this feels like i didnt even RMA my 280X im buying another new card.

So i say no, who would accept that anyway. Later it's even more shall i say stupid? they offer me a R7 370 and ask me to top up RM636 for it! i send in a r9 280x they offer me a slower card and i need to pay for it and later they even get funnier reduce it to RM565 lol

This is the thing, what does out of manufacturer warranty gotta do with me..none..my card is bought locally on 13th june 2014 warranty is 2 years until 13th june 2016 as printed on receipt i send in within the warranty period. Everything is valid and legit

Now i told them give me back half the value of the R9 280X, thats it no more no less and stop giving these ridiculous offers. I wonder what ridiculous thing they gonna say next so stay tune for more lol

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That's truly nonsense. They are supposed to replace a equivalent card to you. If not, what's the purpose of the warranty? How much did you pay for that card?

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

unbelievable, they cant replace at least compensate me more..no..want me to top up until RM1K for a new RX480

the r9 280x cost RM1299

4. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

5. Chai

If they insist on topping up, I say forget it, and don't buy the same brand again. I would rather use it as a door stopper than to get ripped off again.

6. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

sapphire also play a shitty part in all of this, they dont cover my card anymore and say sayonara to the distributor

in the end i the one got screwed

7. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I had a Sapphire card before... guess I'm not gonna buy Sapphire cards anymore. :?

8. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

i know i won't lol

so the situation now is some guys help me contact sapphire directly, from the marketing people to customer support but i dont put any hope any worthwhile outcome

9. Chai

Most brands in Malaysia don't provide good after sales support anyway, IMO.

10. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

you know how they count so i get RM100

card price RM1199/24 = RM49.95 , 2 months warranty left = RM100

:clap:

11. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

lolwtfbbq

12. Chai

That's how they calculated the balance of my 'warranty' (Voodoo2 I think) as well. And that's the last time I went to that shop...

13. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

good news today..after some help me spread fires thru facebook and forums someone from amd malaysia contact me and will send me replacement card lol

14. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

:thumb:

15. Chai

Power of FB! :thumb:

16. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Excellent!

17. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

i'm getting back a R9 380X

i've been told my card does indeed "out of manufacturer warranty" at sapphire, so sapphire doesnt wana do anything the useless distributor doesnt wana do anything..just none of them wana do anything..so we can see how useless these 2 companys are when it comes to after sales

if not for the heat i don't think there is any solution to this..now i'm glad its done i'm just gonna sell it away and wait for GTX1060 or RX480 but definately not sapphire again lol

18. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Not a GTX 1080? :whistle::wicked::haha::haha::haha:

19. Chai

I have OK experience with Asus, far from the best, but better than Sapphire. :haha:

20. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

checking market price for one of my kidney :haha:

1 week andddd where is my 380X..sigh..need to whatszapppp the guy again