ED#82 : Bad Pool Header In Windows XP

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I recently gave my notebook a virtual spring cleaning - a reformat and fresh installation of Windows XP SP1. The whole works basically. I then upgraded it to Service Pack 2 and what do you know... I get hit by a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) right after the notebook boots up.

Now that is really odd because I have done this several times in the past and I have never experienced this problem before. Plus, I have not even installed anything new, other than Service Pack 2 for Windows XP. Fortunately, the solution was simple, although figuring it out was not.

Here's a quote from the editorial :-
    [​IMG]

Link : ED#82 : Bad Pool Header In Windows XP

2. jcm757

jcm757 Newbie

I am not a computer expert so my problem may be with me and not my computer. For the past week or so, I have been getting the "Bad Pool Header" with the blue screen. However, I do not have a laptop nor do I have and wireless (WIFi) except for a wireless mouse and keyboard. I have installed some software which I bought from a reputable firm and it seems that the trouble started from there. I keep on getting a dialogue box telling me that a certain application is suspended. And in my tray, I keep getting "TrayApp" and can't get rid of this no matter what I do. I work part time and do not have the resources to have my computer checked out. I use my machine for work and need it desperately. I just do not know what else to try. Do I have a virus or spyware? I have all of the protection that I thought I needed. Someone, please help.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

First off, do you have anti-virus software running?

4. kinjo

kinjo Newbie