Poor luck with RMA

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PowerSlide, Apr 3, 2017.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

Bought a cheap recertified WD 2tb purple drive, drive gone bad as it's not detected so being lazy to do it meself pay a fee let my local store handle it for me

A month and it's back, yay!!! go collect it..WD give me another drive still recertified but different serial number. Plug it in and guess what nothing, send in a broken drive return me broken drive

My luck in RMA..:haha:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow... that's bad. I'm not having the great record using WD hard disk. I have a WD Green 2TB with bad sectors.

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

Finally got it back 2 weeks ago and this time it works..sometimes they just wanna annoy us lol

When it comes to HDD I have decent luck, so many years only maxtor 80gb and now this WD broken on me

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I have got all kinds of hard disks got broken in front of me: Seagate, WD and Maxtor. It seems that the mechanical parts inside are often to blame on this failures.

5. Chai

Wow... you are really lucky. I have tons of faulty HDDs. Seagate 400GB, WD 500GB, and WD 2TB Green. :shock:

6. The_YongGrand

I have the Apacer SSD Armor just died. Can't see any partition, nothing on it! :wall:

7. Chai

That's really bad.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

8. The_YongGrand

Without much more inspection, I directly send it back to the store. Worst part is: I can't dig out SMART data inside! Everything just refused to work! Plus, the Task Manager has the disk activity 100% but 0kb/s on both read and write operation!! :wall

The horrible part is some of my data is inside. It would never be recovered. Luckily I still have bits of data which is elsewhere in my cloud storage!

9. Chai

Looks like I will avoid Apacer SSD after your experience...

10. The_YongGrand

I got back my SSD middle last month. They replaced it with a newer one and a slightly improved version. I gave them back that Apacer Armor, now I have the Panther.

Unfortunately, the anxiety of this SSD dying is still there, they can't replace that for sure!! :wall:

11. Chai

That was a pretty long RMA. I guess backup is still very important regardless of media type used.

12. xwavesix

xwavesix Newbie

t seems that the mechanical parts inside are often to blame on this failures.