can't find an option in my bios

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by CPCBlingBling, Jan 10, 2005.

1. CPCBlingBling

CPCBlingBling Newbie

hey guys im a n00b at bios ill admit...i just got a new geforce 5700 le 256 mb graphics card and my bro is making me learn bio to make it work......bcuz my brother had it running at 130 fps on counterstrike source when i played:D.....but the comp got unstable and my dad called my bro for help and it had to be set back at defalt.:|
    Well i was putting the settings back but i can only get it to 72 fps.:( I looked at the insturictions and it said to enable "Assign IRQ to VGA". i was told that that ooption is under PCI/VGA Pallete Snoop......the option "Assign IRQ to VGA" is not found......can i get some help....do i need to update my bios?...if so.....how?:?

thx in advance
    CPC

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

motherboard model please?

3. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

different mobo has different bios setting and options. Sometimes some manufacture will take some feature out or block it from user to use. Also, diff bios maker will have options under diff place. Try to explore the bios options to see if you can find it, if not then i think your mobo does not allow you to do such thing.

Let us know your mobo, maybe it can help us to find the bios that's used.

4. eLPuSHeR

eLPuSHeR Newbie

Assign IRQ to VGA should always be enabled and has nothing in common with PCI VGA palette snoop option which is only needed when you have a TV capture card. :wave:

5. CPCBlingBling

CPCBlingBling Newbie

all i can find is p4pe-xx motherboard...hope its enough :?

6. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

7. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

PS, did some reading, it says that it's under "Advanced"--> "PCI configuration"

8. CPCBlingBling

CPCBlingBling Newbie

yah i looked where u said and the option isn''t there.....i also looked at teh manual and it does show it etheir..........ill try and update i guess....

9. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

yeah, see if there's update of the bios, maybe that will help. BTW, is your computer mobo from big company retailer (ie dell, gateway, etc), sometimes these company will ask mobo maker to take away some feature off their bios.

10. CPCBlingBling

CPCBlingBling Newbie

no its not...to be honest as i said b4...im messing with it so my damn graphics card will work to full potential and not 72 fps :evil: .....but ill find the option or reinstall my graphics card.....ill figure it out thx for ur help tho

11. crashagn

crashagn Newbie

nice program for ya

if your interested :
    heres a nice program that unlocks all them unavailable options on your nvidea or ati vid card.. i use it and it works great.. nice sliders to adjust your cpu and ram settings and itll test to see if its stable.. Remember.. new vid cards from the manufacturer are set to the minumumumum settings..

http://download.guru3d.com/rivatuner/

also remember using 3rd party programs and OC your vic card WILL void your warrenty

i used this program 1 week after buying my nvideafx 5200 agp
    and i have never had any problems