Shuttle XPC BIOS

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by mmoo9154, Jul 28, 2006.

1. mmoo9154

mmoo9154 Newbie

All,

I need to enable PCI DRAM Prefetch on a Shuttle SK43G XPC. The option isn't available in the BIOS setup screen, but I'm hoping there's a generic tool that might be able to set a configuration flag.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a mini form factor motherboard that does support PCI prefetch?

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. It may not be visible, but that doesn't mean it's disabled.

Motherboard manufacturers often disable options that they feel you do not need to meddle with. :D

3. mmoo9154

mmoo9154 Newbie

Prefetch seems to be disabled

Adrian,

Thanks for the speedy reply. :thumb:

PCI prefetch seems to be disabled, but I'm not absolutely certain (yet). What I can say is that the south bridge is definitely *not* prefetching.

I've got a card with a PLX 9030 interface, and it's definitely not receiving any prefetch cycles.

Do you have any ideas on how to determine whether PCI prefetch is actually enabled in the BIOS? If not, do you know of any PC's that definitely *do* have PCI prefetch enabled (or enable-able)?

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. You can try checking with a software utility like SiSoft Sandra. :think: