Sunbeam Liquid Neon Review Posted!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

CCFLs are quite the rage with case modders. But are you getting tired of plain CCFLs? If so, why not check out patterned CCFLs?

Today, we take a look at a special CCFL from one of the biggest manufacturers of PC modding products - the Sunbeam Liquid Neon CCFL!

[​IMG]

Link : Sunbeam Liquid Neon Review!

2. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

Interferes with electronic components! <--- wow. quite shock to see this. :)

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

It looks cool, but too bad it has a serious flaw :mrgreen:

4. plasma

plasma Newbie

holy crap!!! so much interference???? how much is it btw? i might install it on the wall or something for some effect instead of in the pc... hahahaha

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmmm i think it's due to the 'plasma effect' that's causing all the inteference right?
    However, I thought that they would have grounded the ccfl to remove all the interference...

6. Fat`Albert

Fat`Albert Newbie

its all true, i used to have one of those in my case in the back right between the motherboard and the psu, and after about a month i started to get random "memory could not be read" errors :wall: :wall:

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

It causes the thermometer to malfunction and my PC hang :lol: What do you think? :haha:

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I'm not sure if that really is the cause. I have a plasma ball right beside my monitor... :think:

9. plasma

plasma Newbie

plasma balls shud have lower interference.. coz the distance from the core to the outer glass is shorter than the neon tube thingy... thus needing less voltage, but i tot there's some electromagnetic interference standard that should be followed.... how come this product can be allowed on the shelf???? :think:

plasma balls are nice.... :haha: :haha:

10. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

oh yeah. do intend to buy a plasma ball and a lava lamp once i get my own place to decor ;)

11. plasma

plasma Newbie

2 months, juz 2 months and i'll be out of here(uni)... and i'll get myself a plasma ball and lava lamp.... :thumb:

12. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

Man the plasma ball and the lava lamp is like the ultimate geek decor

13. Fat`Albert

Fat`Albert Newbie

i have a little plasma ball next to my keyboard :cool:

14. plasma

plasma Newbie

Geek decor??? no.... in the States (U.S)... lava lamps are considered the must have decor for bachelor pads... :thumb:

din u watch shark's tale??? :haha: :haha:

15. plasma

plasma Newbie

supposedly i have two plasma balls... next to... errr.... a lava lamp...yes....

:haha: :haha: