Desktop CPU Comparison Guide!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

There are so many CPU models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different models or even remember their specifications!

Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various desktop CPUs in the market, as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete.

Currently covering over 570 desktop CPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare up to 14 different specifications for each and every CPU!

[​IMG]

Link : Desktop CPU Comparison Guide!

2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Long Live my 1200/266 and my 900/200 Thunderbirds!:shifty: :lol:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Long live my A64 2800+. :pray:

4. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Long live my Opter...oh wait, it's not considered a desktop CPU. :shifty:

Good work guys :thumb:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

There are so many CPU models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different models or even remember their specifications!

Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various desktop CPUs in the market, as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete.

Currently covering over 570 desktop CPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare up to 14 different specifications for each and every CPU!

Here are the updates:-
    [​IMG]

Link : Desktop CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 1.1!

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

[​IMG]

Link : Desktop CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 1.2!

7. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

saw it on the frontpage of INQ,
    congrats =D

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Haha.. Thanks! :thumb:

Congrats to Max_87! :thumb: :thumb:

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

LOL! Thanks!

Congrats to ARP :thumb:

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

[​IMG]

Link : Desktop CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 1.3!

11. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

eh... manchester came out later than venice?

but shld it be in this order?:
    E3 venice
    E4 manchester
    E6 venice

12. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

It's not arranged according to the release date.

14. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

15. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Yeah, missed that one :wall: Thanks for reminding us.

16. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

no problem dude =)

i do have a suggest, instead of arranging the pages in ascending alphabetical order, why not have intel just after amd?
    i doubt most of the visitors will be interested in cyrix cpus..

17. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

isnt this a bit confusing?

Athlon X2 FX-60
    Athlon FX-62

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The guide has just been updated! :wave:

[​IMG]

Link : Desktop CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 2.0!

19. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

good job.. how come i'm not allowed to give u reputation points??

edit: i've got another suggestion,
    eg. for AMD dual-cores, its better to put 2x128Kb L1 & 2x1Mb L2 cache
    for X6800, its better to put 4Mb L2

coz this can avoid confusion over whether the cache is independent of each core or whether its shared =)

20. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

coming soon conroes

[quote[E6850 : 3GHz, 1333FSB, 4MB L2
    E6800 : 2.93GHz, 1066FSB, 4MB L2
    E6750 : 2.66GHz, 1333FSB, 4MB L2
    E6650 : 2.33GHz, 1333FSB, 4MB L2[/quote]

http://sg.vr-zone.com/?i=4170