Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by peaz, Oct 29, 2006.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

If you have no idea what's different between an AMD Opteron processor and an Intel Core 2 Xeon processor, then this is the guide for you! The Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide allows you to compare 18 specifications of every processor ever made for the PC!

[​IMG]

Link : Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  2. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

PowerNow! vs C&Q

erm... the power saving feature for amd desktop/server processors is call Cool 'n' Quiet (C&Q);

while the similar technique used on processors designed for mobile platform is called PowerNow!

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Not really, some AMD server processors power saving feature are also branded as PowerNow!, some branded as OPM, but they are basically the same thing. Depending on the time when they are released.

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

5. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  6. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

OPM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerNow!

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Yeah, I already read that one too. Now I'm really confused about what should I do on that part.

Maybe I should just change them all to OPM and put a small note about it in the guide.

8. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

hmm.. up 2 u den..

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The guide has just been updated! :wave:

If you have no idea what's different between an AMD Opteron processor and an Intel Core 2 Xeon processor, then this is the guide for you! The Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide allows you to compare 18 specifications of every processor ever made for the PC!

Here's the update:-
    [​IMG]

Link : Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 1.1!

10. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

SSSE3 vs SSE4

may i ask why do u use the term "Supplimentry SSE3" on desktop C2D ; but "SSE4" for Server C2Ds?

1 person likes this.
  11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It should be Supplimentry SSE3 for the server C2D too.

1 person likes this.
  12. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

ic... gave u point liao..
    b4 u can say "why u give him nv give me" =P

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

It's not that we want to use SSE4 for the server C2D :haha: We haven't correct it yet :haha:

14. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

ic.. since we encountered some confusing naming issue for the amd power saving feature in the above discussion, so i thought intel might be using the term "SSE4" for server c2d while "SSSE3" for desktop c2d..

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 2.0

Here's a quote from the article :-
    [​IMG]

Link : Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 2.0

16. Arctucas

Arctucas Newbie

I believe the 3xxx series Xeons are Socket T LGA 775, not 771.

1 person likes this.
  17. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hi Arctucas, you are right. Will correct that ASAP. Thanks! :thumb:

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 2.5

If you have no idea what's different between an AMD Opteron processor and an Intel Core 2 Xeon processor, then this is the guide for you.

Currently covering 280 workstation and server CPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare up to 20 different specifications for each and every CPU.

Here's a quote from the article :-
    [​IMG]

Link : Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 2.5

19. Adrian Wong

The Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.0

If you have no idea what's different between an AMD Opteron processor and an Intel Core 2 Xeon processor, then this is the guide for you.

Currently covering 334 workstation and server CPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare up to 20 different specifications for each and every CPU.

Here's what we updated in this new release :
    [​IMG]

Link : The Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.0

20. Adrian Wong

The Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.1

Currently covering 373 workstation and server CPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare up to 20 different specifications for each and every CPU.

Here's what we updated in this new release :
    [​IMG]

Link : The Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.1